DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra -TWEAKS

DIMMs 2+4 (the yeller ones) got me an extra 35Mhz on the RAM, and an extra 65Mhz (345Mhz) HTT at 1T.

A 1T command rate cannot be compromised. I can't believe that anyone could tolerate using 2T. Running 3-4-4-9 1T is better than 2-3-2-6 2T, and it is a major loss in all apllications. Definitely it is worth finding some settings that allow for 1T at high speeds, cause 2T is simply horrible performance.

1T is a must.

Ahh - thanks for that reminder! I've been meaning to try a nice high HTT at 8x with my venice!

Tonight i'll be trying these settings:

333HTT x 8

Mem @ 166 Divider

277MHz 2.5-3-3-7-1T (I'm hopeful about 1T, but with my 602 BIOS....)

I'd be so damn happy if I could get this - I know my mem's max limit @ 2.8v is 277MHz 2.5-3-3-7-1T completely memtest stable, so i'll be aiming to get that as close as I can to it.

. this thread!!

I came here to contribute...check my sig...my setup is prime, but when smart arsed clowns think they are creating history with this thread and stand here beating their chests....well zen your fn knowall smartarse attitude cost any furthur contributions by me.

I'm really starting to feel the same way. It feels like talking to a brick wall somtimes :rolleyes:

This is my last post here, ive wasted enough time

:( Damn.

---dens

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my last post here, ive wasted enough time

Hopefully once a mod reads that (waste of time rant you typed up while you could have been putting your system together properly) it won't be your last post, but the last post that has to be deleted by you.

Xen, I see why you had to include the request that mods delete any completely useless flaming and freaking out on here.

There is no 1T bug with this board, Lucky. A Command rate of 1T is something that works on any properly tuned/balanced system, long since predating A64s. 2T is the newer of the 2 options, and it is only there for people who want more stability than performance, because they can't get stability by following the setup poster and diagrams that come with your hardware.

Overclocking and tweaking isn't for everyone, it is for those who enjoy spending the time and doing it for the satisfaction of that extra .1%. If you don't have anything to contribute, hop on back to the main forum and start another "How do I do anything" thread, don't try to expose us in here as idiots, unless you're handing out the answers.

Cold boot. 1T bug. LOL . These used to all fit under the "(n00b)user error" catergory, but now they're for sophisticated DIY types who can't understand why you can't buy overclocking know-how.

Deliver on your commitment and never post again under that name, or with that same attitude.

Cold boot. 1T bug. LOL . These used to all fit under the "(n00b)user error" catergory, but now they're for sophisticated DIY types who can't understand why you can't buy overclocking know-how.

Deliver on your commitment and never post again under that name, or with that same attitude.

Is that right? :rolleyes:

Well considering I've setup the mem timings EXACTLY the same on two different 939 AGP boards with the same memory, same CPU and same setup with EVERYthing apart from the motherboard i'd beg to differ.

I could run 277MHz 2.5-3-3-7-1T on my Neo2. I can't say the same for this board. I've used TWO different chips - a Winchester 3200+ that could do it, and a brand new 3000+ Venice. Now i'm not overly mad at anyone because I can't run it - because i'm patient enough to wait for a new BIOS. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't give you the right to say it doesn't exist.

---dens

Is that right? :rolleyes:

Well considering I've setup the mem timings EXACTLY the same on two different 939 AGP boards with the same memory, same CPU and same setup with EVERYthing apart from the motherboard i'd beg to differ.

I could run 277MHz 2.5-3-3-7-1T on my Neo2. I can't say the same for this board. I've used TWO different chips - a Winchester 3200+ that could do it, and a brand new 3000+ Venice. Now i'm not overly mad at anyone because I can't run it - because i'm patient enough to wait for a new BIOS. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't give you the right to say it doesn't exist.

---dens

I am not sure what the new BIOS does but with the original BIOs, this board can't run 1T at all on my TCCDs. Its confirm either a BIOS or board issue. I also have the K8N Neo2, No problems with 1T. However, this board can push igher with 2T compared to K8N.

If 1T has problems, I think you should RMA your board. We have already seen that some boards can't work with any new BIOS while some could. Thus some may be able to get 1T to run while some couldn't. DFI's QC seriously need improvement.

I am not sure what the new BIOS does but with the original BIOs, this board can't run 1T at all on my TCCDs. Its confirm either a BIOS or board issue. I also have the K8N Neo2, No problems with 1T. However, this board can push igher with 2T compared to K8N.

If 1T has problems, I think you should RMA your board. We have already seen that some boards can't work with any new BIOS while some could. Thus some may be able to get 1T to run while some couldn't. DFI's QC seriously need improvement.

Yeah i'll say :(

I'm tempted to put the Venice into the Neo2, but I doubt it'll like the high HTT i'm trying to run. Also it doesn't have options like chipset voltage adjustments, etc. Hence why I decided to move to a company that makes boards that do :rolleyes:

I'm going to try to get 2.5-3-3-7 going at least, even if I have to run at 2T. I'm currently typing this at 333 x 8 though, so hopefully i'll have little problems.

I actually accidentally left Memclock on auto when setting it to 333. I went from what I was at before (300) to 320, then 330, incrementing as I went. I it refused to boot after 330, then realising what I had done wrong...

The last thing I want to do is return the board, so i'm not gonna give up on this one for a while yet.

---dens

I can't run 1T at all, and thats using a SD 3700+ / OCZ EL 3200 that I ran 1T in my Neo2 without problems.

I'm still using 602 BIOS, tried 705 but I couldn't save any settings and don't know whether to try 711.

I can't run 1T at all, and thats using a SD 3700+ / OCZ EL 3200 that I ran 1T in my Neo2 without problems.

I'm still using 602 BIOS, tried 705 but I couldn't save any settings and don't know whether to try 711.

Did you end up trying this method of adjusting things in the BIOS? It worked for me for absolutely everything until I got up to the point of changing the voltage for the chipset - it refused to boot after that. You can just skip the RAID steps if you don't have it (I didn't).

I too am now again back to 602, having to put up with the cold boot thing.

---dens

Have not seen mention of which memory slots work best !

I found for Dual channel needed the same colour slots

For me the 705 Bios was Terrible will the 711 be the same ?

from what I see people can only get a good setup with the original or the later Bioses....not both

Would it be good to list memory/Cpu setups that favour which bioses ?

Have not seen mention of which memory slots work best !

I found for Dual channel needed the same colour slots

For me the 705 Bios was Terrible will the 711 be the same ?

from what I see people can only get a good setup with the original or the later Bioses....not both

Would it be good to list memory/Cpu setups that favour which bioses ?

There aren't really enough BIOSes to warrant selection of one over another - the latest BIOS seems best if you can get it to work properly.

As a general rule of thumb, yeah, the 705 BIOS is pretty much identical in terms of if you manage to get it working or not. If you can't get 705 working (i.e. Can't save what you want) then 711 will be the same.

Yeah, use the same coloured slots when using two sticks of RAM. Most people use the orange slots when OCing. Some have reported the ability to use 1T on RAM when using the yellow slots though - which is why I'd reccomend you'd try both.

I'm currently using the yellow slots and see no advantage for me in terms of OC or timing adjustments - it's the same results on both.

Hope that helps.

---dens

Edit: Have you tried using this guide? It worked for me when trying to get 705/711 working but I just couldn't change chipset voltage with it. That's the only reason I went back to 602 (Stock BIOS). The only official ones out now are 602 (release), 705 and 711. Ones like 627 and 629 were Beta BIOSes and should generally be avoided.

Thanks Dens

I saw that guide earlier, Saving has never been a problem for me the 705 bios would run the memory at 1T but essentially would not OC !

602 does everything fine except 1T and low vcore and having to use X3 HTT

System is solid and has run 24/7 only once hanging on start up (cold boot ?)

Think I will Skip this 711 bios.. ;)

This was an earlier post from me that may have a place in the Tweakers Guide !

:-

Punch out the holes on the I/O shield before You struggle to fit the Board !

Dual channel memory needs the 2 slots closest to the CPU (marked channel A) ?

For SATA Raid Use the SATA connectors 3 & 4 (just below CPU) possibley for single channel raid setups also as SATA 1 & 2 do not appear to be Freq Locked !

Personally I could get nowhere with 705 Bios except for a non overclocked setup

So if You want to Overclock Use the 602 Bios which is proberly what shipped with Your board

You can not Run Your memory with 602 @1T.....put it this way I could not at any settings

Set Your HTT multiplyer Lower than is normal to avoid Non Boots

Use Your Head and something like CPUZ to set a more appropriate Vcore

Sometimes rather than Clearing the CMOS try Turning off the Power to the PC, on restart You may be able to get back in the Bios !