DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra -TWEAKS

It does not have anything to do with the shpape of the cable; it has more to do with the pin alignment while inserting the floppy ribbon cable. If the drive does not have a plastic frame or some sort of guide around the pin header the cable could possibly be connected a pin off or even upside down. :)

The configuration of ribbon cables is like this:

The red wire (pin 1) on floppy cables is furthest away from the power entry.

The red wire (pin 1) on IDE ribbon cables is closest to the power entry.

This may or maynot be your problem, however I just reverse the floppy cable and my green light is alway on now.

Process of elimination! It would be interesting to hear about your findings. :nod:

Ballistic

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gallo81
For now on I simply gave up, after a hard week at work, it's hard to get headache during saturday^^

Plugged everything back in MSI K8N+A643200, and everything run perfectly, I guess I'll calm down and try again next week, but I need stability now:)

Thanks for hints though, really.

I saw that you are using the 824 BIOS so for any reason its been removed from the DFI web page, I think it was something with voltages, I recommend to you using the 711 or the C19 if you want to use the Opteron with it.

I tested all BIOS and the one the only gave me a lot of problems was the 824.

Try it, you don't loose anything.

I saw that you are using the 824 BIOS so for any reason its been removed from the DFI web page, I think it was something with voltages, I recommend to you using the 711 or the C19 if you want to use the Opteron with it.

I tested all BIOS and the one the only gave me a lot of problems was the 824.

Try it, you don't loose anything.

I hade spare time and I tried that 711 BIOS, to compare to 824. Damn, that 711 is buggy as heck. At my rig anyway. Corrupts BIOS every fifth boot and I have to clear CMOS every time.

I would still recommend 824 BIOS for San Diego core ja those BIOS files above that are for Opterons. 711 is probably the best BIOS for Venice (all this was said before somewhere by someone at this forum, but can't remember where - sry).

Darn, I'll have a long evening ahead - got to flash BIOS back to 824. No problems with that (ran something like 6 months and no problems)...

I hade spare time and I tried that 711 BIOS, to compare to 824. Damn, that 711 is buggy as heck. At my rig anyway. Corrupts BIOS every fifth boot and I have to clear CMOS every time.

I would still recommend 824 BIOS for San Diego core ja those BIOS files above that are for Opterons. 711 is probably the best BIOS for Venice (all this was said before somewhere by someone at this forum, but can't remember where - sry).

Darn, I'll have a long evening ahead - got to flash BIOS back to 824. No problems with that (ran something like 6 months and no problems)...

602 FTW!!!

602 FTW!!!

Yup, I noticed before. Nice work there, btw... ;)

Hmmm, it must be that best BIOS must be found by trying. One works great in someones rig and another with other dude/dudettes rig. Damn, it's all about doing the things hard way... :sad:

EDIT: Ok, now tuned 711 BIOS to same clocks as I had on 824. Works OK for now, so I'm keeping this for a while to see is it really stable...

EDIT2: Yup, no go with 711 -> Back to 824. Thinking to get TCCD memory, this 3.1V is not enough for my mem... :(

• 2 weeks later...
I have one on mine. But you have to modify it a little for clearance

Is it really that much taller or is it the diameter that's the problem? I have one on my NF4 and a Vantec Iceberq on the NF3...

• 2 weeks later...
Is it really that much taller or is it the diameter that's the problem? I have one on my NF4 and a Vantec Iceberq on the NF3...

Its not any taller but the diamater is larger.. you have to mod it for resistor clearance

There are pictures of it in the Big 939 NF3 thread