DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra -TWEAKS

Ok, so far with 2T, I managed to install windows, install 5.10, launch windows update, and...freeze after 10mn on internet.Sigh.

I'll try raise cpu to 1.40, give it a last try, plug a 3com old 10/100 card and try internet with that:/

This board undervolts on the CPU...setting 1.5v will net you about 1.4v

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, thanks for the hints, I'll try now, though now that windows froze during install of windows updater, I can't reach windows aymore, black screen , pfiou...

Froze at verifying dmi pool data.... Will be hard to reach safe mode lol

I've tried to stop computer, and restart, and got only black screen now, the good old cold boot issue I guess....i admit this board must be terrible when it work, but just the fact I need to unplug my raptor to get any changes in bios to be saved is corrupting my mood.

Ok, thanks for the hints, I'll try now, though now that windows froze during install of windows updater, I can't reach windows aymore, black screen , pfiou...

Froze at verifying dmi pool data.... Will be hard to reach safe mode lol

I've tried to stop computer, and restart, and got only black screen now, the good old cold boot issue I guess....i admit this board must be terrible when it work, but just the fact I need to unplug my raptor to get any changes in bios to be saved is corrupting my mood.

That's why I run a PATA on this booger..............

With a pci network card, internet work better, but whatever the system freeze after 10mn max, I have yet to install the catalyst yet... I just hope it's the mobo that is kaput, and that it didn't harm my just received opteron 165 :/

Hum; I haven't look on that, I admit...Because nothing was overclocked.

I ran 1 hour cpu prime and it's not faulty, will re try more memtest pass, but I'll definitely take a look at the voltage temp.

In slot yellow the corsair make computer freeze in memtest at default spec (2-2-2-5 1t and 2t). My tower is open with a fan blowing, so I guess no chipset overheating so far.

RAM was perfect stable on K8N MSI, corsair XL tccd I think. I gave it 2.7v in bios.

..And now each time I install the calalyst driver, windows refuse to boot...

Try running disk check.. And maybe in device manager look to see what drivers the system is using for the NVIDIA ATA/ATAPI controllers. Sudsections NVIDIA nForce4 ADMA controller.And NVIDIA nForce4 Parallel ATA controller. If windows has replaced the with their own drivers,, It may cause this..You can also look in eventvwr.msc from the run command.. then highlite system and see if the are any errors such as NVraid, Disk, or NVATABUS.. If there is you may have data corrution from the start and not even know

For now on I simply gave up, after a hard week at work, it's hard to get headache during saturday^^

Plugged everything back in MSI K8N+A643200, and everything run perfectly, I guess I'll calm down and try again next week, but I need stability now:)

Thanks for hints though, really.

I have re installer the NF3 ultra D with opty 165, but this time I've not installed windows, I installed it on my K8N neo S754, installed the same hardware, and so far system is rock stable...but the ethernet not properly installed.

i've tried gaming, benching, audio, video, and evrything run fine.

I kinda am afraid installing the ethernet drivers again I admit ^^

Though for the sake of it, i'll install one and see if it's really the cause of my problems. Don't know if it's a reason to RMA the card, but well...

The moment in installed the drivers, reboot, and once windows lauch, bsod, machine check exception :)

well...I've put the 939 AGP Ultra-D back together

939 AGP Lanparty

4400+ X2 @ 216x11 (stupid 216 HTT bug grrrr...but I used it to my advantage!)

2x1024MB Corsair 3500LL Pro (LED's)

Radeon 9800XT 256MB AGP

36GB Raptor SATA + 80GB Hitachi SATA

NEC 3550A DVD-RW

Intel Pro 10/100 NIC (unfortunately the onboard NIC is not up to my standards)

onboard sound

Skyhawk 520w psu

Coolermaster Cavlier case

DangerDen TDX watercooling + DDC pump

now, I've got some cool benches to show pretty soon...about making a simple move from a 9800XT 256MB AGP video card up to a 12-pipe X800 Pro AGP 256MB card....extremely large difference in terms of performance as far as I am concerned (not that the 9800XT was too weak...I played probably 100 hours of Day of Defeat Source and Eve-Online with it and never noticed any badness lol)

the first set of benches I will show will be the parts listed above but all at stock speeds (200x11 on the cpu, whatever the stock speeds of the 9800XT were I forget but I'll look it up before I go posting lol)

the second will be with an X800 Pro (stock 472/450 but it is clocked up to 540/502) and a Turtle Beach 5.1 PCI sound card.

anyway...more soon when I can get to it (I've got like 6 different projects going at once and running out of space/time/continuum lol)