DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra -TWEAKS

I can go up tot 33x MHz (forgot the exact number, I guess 335-336).

But I have quite some problems with this board and Gskill GH (UTT). On a DFI RDX200 they can do 260MHz 2-2-2-5 (24/7 stable) with 3.5V. On my board with OCZ booster, they don't even do 240 with 3.7V (they do, but not stable). I tried both yellow and orange slots, orange are worst.

So I thought, maybe it is the bios? Can anyone suggest a bios for this board with UTT? I'm currently on 07/11, which is fine for TCCD as far as I tested.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone help me ...

I so far have managed to get stable at 11x 220 FSB 4xHT and 1T Command rate

at 1.5 volts and memory at 1:1 (400 DDR)

I have also achieved successful windows boots and 2D operations at

11x250 (2750 mhz) and 166 base for memory with a 4x HT and 1T command rate.

Voltages around 1.50 1.52 , added up to 0.10-0.20 to all other voltage settings.

I tried AGP 67 and 68 mhz too.

I cannot get it running 3d games..instant machine freeze as soon as the real

3D stuff is going to start.

I have decreased to 232 and relaxed all sorts of things . Still freezing in 3D.

(FEAR . STart new game. wait for level to load..done -->Crash)

the memory is memtested and its ok. The PSU was tested by a shop and they

couldnt see anything abnormal.

The memory runs fine up to 220 mhz , still the machine hangs 3D when trying

to beat the 2500 mhz marker at 4x 11x230+/ 166 memory which is about 185

mhz memory speed. So it cant be the memory. Its craptastic that i cannot

get more than a 200 mhz OC out of this cpu ...especially cause i noticed that

a 2500+ mhz games would run a LOT better for my rig..but wont be stable.

:confused:

Update:

For now it seems i was only 1 step away from solving my case... i lowered the

HT to 3x , went for 250 FSB and 166 mem at 2.9v again and now i can play

fear without a crash ! Hope this works out for the rest of my stuff too !

what voltage I r giving your bh5 to run 270? & is that 1:1 or divider? I've got some corsair 3200LL Pros I'm trying to configure. thanks

@2.74v. but it run on default voltage either. but with little stability error when you forced it to run 24/7 at default.

So I thought, maybe it is the bios? Can anyone suggest a bios for this board with UTT? I'm currently on 07/11, which is fine for TCCD as far as I tested.

i've read that someone post about nf3ud bios. he say that 705 is the best and i agree with him. (no matter what ur mem is. BH-5, UTT o TCCD). i just can't remember who was sayin it. :rolleyes:

705 For Me has been the most stable.. And alowed the highest clocks

Same here.

I've tried 711 and 824, and neither gave me the stability at high clocks 705 does, even though they offer some handy options like the 9:10 memory divider.

I was going to re-flash to one of those and play around until i sat down and tweaked this Centon Advance 1:1 :nod:

I haven't seen them available in the retail markets recently but I do note that a "Revision B" is around or may be release shortly... have a look at the latest bios revision which is for both A (original) and B (unknown). Perhaps the B version has the undervolting fixed.

:nod:

REVISION B SHOWN HERE

I take it that this board no longer exists in the US market. There were mentions of another revision but I have yet to see anything.

I haven't seen them available in the retail markets recently but I do note that a "Revision B" is around or may be release shortly... have a look at the latest bios revision which is for both A (original) and B (unknown). Perhaps the B version has the undervolting fixed.

:nod:

REVISION B SHOWN HERE

OMG! that would be wikkid c00l if DFI were releasing a REV.B of thier Lanparty UT nf3 ULTRA-D mobo! I've been searching high and low for the mobo and no one, absolutely NO ONE, has this mobo for sale that i've come acrossed. :(

BUT, if they are, in fact, going to release a rev.b mobo, i'd be the happiest camper you'll ever see! lol

TGM

TheGeekMistress, Have a look at this ebay auction... maybe you won't have to wait.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DFI-LanParty-UT-nF3-Ul...1QQcmdZViewItem

well that suxorz, it's already sold :( ...i hope they are going to fill the US market with the REV.B nf3 ULTRA-D. all that people like me, who bought the high end AGP vid cards have right now is the Epox nf3 Ultra mobo. i've read that with thier latest bios update that they have alot more mem tweaking available, but still only 2.8 vmem. altho, the OCZ ram booster could take care of that. still i'm hoping that i get a chance at the DFI nf3 ULTRA-D and maybe their will be the rev.b like they did the LPA and LPB nf2 mobos, which the LPB is far superior.

TGM