DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra -TWEAKS

....thanks guys...tried the new 824bios,then the pc just f**** up. current bios-711 was working nice.

Reeboot and errors,but then I tried my S-ata connector in port 3.......and yessssssire .....

Who would know!?

GREAT forum .......DFI rocks :)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, what's the current best BIOS for this board?

Sorry, I didn't have time to read through this thread this far, generally what's the best bios?

how's the 8/24?

My friend has this board with a 3200+ Winchester and he's getting 12xxx 3dmark2001 at stock with a 6800GT and 1GB of RAM.

I have to get over there and tweak it but I'm just wondering what bios works best.

Woah this is alot to digest.

Is the board brand new, if so what bios is it shipped with, 6xx,7xx,8xx ?

Changing the boot order on 6xx,8xx shouldn't cause a "no post" condition.

7xx, changing the time will cause a no-poster, so if you have 7xx, you just

got lucky being able to change things the first time.

The boot order should ALWAYS be: floppy/removeable, cdrom, hard drives, other.

Don't ever change that as right now I'm able to boot with a usb stick with a

"DOS" image on it and flash with it via usb, which is the "removeable" category.

If 7xx, like mentioned above, the bios "jump start" non-raid procedure, is

to:

1. Disconnect SATA, either power or data cable.

2. Reset cmos

3. Load optimized defaults, reboot to stop, reboot, get into bios

4. Change boot order, reboot to stop, shutdown

5. Plug in power/data to SATA, reboot, get into bios (if you can)

(at this point, if you had a bootable os on your hd, you will boot

into os without the opertunity to do step 6. From the os, you should change

the boot.ini file to offer you a menu before you boot. This will enable you

a stop point before your os boots, so you may reboot if necessary... always set this!)

6. Setup your other stuff, reboot to stop, reboot

7. Setup all your OTHER bios stuff (peripherals), open cd, insert setup disk, save settings,

reboot

8. Install os or "REPAIR" an os with a "different chipset". No need to do a fresh install!

Except when I had to redo my raid because of added drives, I hadn't done a fresh install in 3 years!

Only a "repair" that loads MS primitaves, keeping the registry intact for apps but invalidating

different chipset drivers. After which you can load proper chipset drivers and any others.

This is infinetly better than a reinstall, as if your like me, have every app registered since cpu time

day 0 !! BTW, apps have service paks too... After the old chipset drivers are invalidated and your able

to run, disable network and install all vid/chipset drivers, then do the windows update, then dx9c periodically.

This will preserve the REGISTRY on all your installed apps. And if your like me, my registry contains info

of mega installed apps for the last 5 years, that I don't even have a clue where the original disks are.......

If you want deailed info on HOW exactly to do this let me know. But you better be ready to do it with the

attitude of "go for it" I don't want any whiners if you crap it up !!! You can crap up a car wash after 48hrs of

on-line gaming so No excuses!!! I know xp pretty well, since I've installed it 20 times already without it F*cKing

up my installed apps (registry), and thats all you want. The data has carried over from si3112/nvidia raid/si3114

and back an forth from nf2/3/4 and its still here and works great. Don't listen to any bull crape that you have to

rebuild raid, thats pure crap !!!

Anything broken in the chain and you have other hardware problems...

(and this really isin't as bad as it looks, could be done in 5 minutes)

If you don't have 7xx...... disregard, you have another problem.

If 8xx, it could be the 216 fsb bug, if 6xx it could be the 349 fsb bug.........

Congratulations on your brand new mobo!!

gluck

Hey Jason try this. You have the cpu and chipset voltages way too high.

Try 1.6v on the cpu and 1.75v on the chipset. and put 3.2v to the memory.

You are going to have to get more voltage for the memory you have to reach higher speeds..in the neighbor hood of 3.4v to 3.6v to get in the 240MHZ to 250?MHZ range.(But it is very capable)

Look at the voltages I am using for the same memory you have. In my siggy.

And you will do better with the 3500 vinny to run 11 multiplier and memory @ 1:1/200 MAX FBS

Hey Jason try this. You have the cpu and chipset voltages way too high.

Try 1.6v on the cpu and 1.75v on the chipset. and put 3.2v to the memory.

You are going to have to get more voltage for the memory you have to reach higher speeds..in the neighbor hood of 3.4v to 3.6v to get in the 240MHZ to 250?MHZ range.(But it is very capable)

Look at the voltages I am using for the same memory you have. In my siggy.

And you will do better with the 3500 vinny to run 11 multiplier and memory @ 1:1/200 MAX FBS

Agreed on the memory thing I just got some CH-5 chips and I have them up to 230mhz 2 2 2 5 1T so far. Gonna go for more in just a few here. :drool: