OCZ 2x1gb Plat 3200

Guest oRiOn_merged

Guest oRiOn

Has anyone yielded good results with this ram. Would like replies as soon as possible since i have to order tonight.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/m...=Unbuffered_OCZ

Hopefully I can get my Cpu up to 2500-2600mhz with these bad boys, and active coolin that I have arranged. (is that wish possible)

Thank you.

Orion

Has anyone yielded good results with this ram. Would like replies as soon as possible since i have to order tonight.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/m...=Unbuffered_OCZ

Hopefully I can get my Cpu up to 2500-2600mhz with these bad boys, and active coolin that I have arranged. (is that wish possible)

Thank you.

Orion

They are the best modules I have purchased for any of my machines! :drool:

you guys need to realize that 2x1024 modules puts a pretty big strain on your memory controller, the same as 4x512 modules.

you aren't going to see the kind of overclocks that you would with 2x512 modules. Some might get 1GB sticks to clock pretty good, but unless they are specifically binned for certain speeds, there generally is not much overclock to give.

also keep in mind that just because 2x1024 kits like Crucial Ballistix are binned to do 250Mhz in dual channel, this does not mean your cpu's memory controller can handle it.

Guest oRiOn

I have realised that with 2gb of memory my cpu will have a hard time overclocking. But, is this ram binned, is it garunteed to hit a certain mhz like the Ballistix? I would like 2gb of Ballistix but I dont really feel like spending that much money. If a computer has 1 gig of super low latency say 1.5 ram, compared to 2 gigs of around 2.5 3 4 7 the 2gb will win because it is still physically 2gigs right? So what if your benches dont run as good, you still know everyone of your games will run like butter. I have postponed buying the ram at this moment, and would appreciate any information about this ram.

Thank you.

Orion