OCZ Golds wont boot over 3.2v

Oclock

yea, i tried both those settings and still got about 2500 errors 220fsb and 3.3v. i have tic tacs 504 bios with bank interleave now. Any other settings i should try? volts? fsb? idk im rather frustrated with this burn in.

yea, i tried both those settings and still got about 2500 errors 220fsb and 3.3v. i have tic tacs 504 bios with bank interleave now. Any other settings i should try? volts? fsb? idk im rather frustrated with this burn in.

Don't get consumed by "burn in"...Your memory shoud pretty much perform near it's peak right out of the box. Burn-in takes time and doesn't yeild huge returns, just my opinion, but it is time consuming and very little overall gain...

I agree that burn in helps, but won't make huges differences.

This memory requires 3.5v or higher for it's max overclock. At 3.3v you might have hit the ceiling on a single channel baord.

Test one stick at a time and tell us your results. See how how you can push then individually.

Your board is single channel and running 2 x 512mb is a heavier load than it would be on a dual channel 939 board. You can expect your resulting MHZ to be a bit lower.

Possibly running 2-3-2-10 timings will get you a much bigger overclock.

One thing we need to remember is that it's PC3200 rated memory and is never tested above that. Overclocking is a bonus of course. Results will vary.

urg so your saying that i shouldn't bother getting over 220 with this ram? Well it kinda sux since my older cheapy ram coulc run this speed easily. Im just disapointed with OCZ at this point. Maybe i just got the short stick. So i guess il just be running at a lowly 215 and be done with it. Definitly not worth my money and effort on this one. Unless anyone else has any bright ideas. One thing i did notice is that with JSJ's i could run 220 with few errors, but on this 504 i cant even come close. i guess i should try going back to jsj's.

oops sorry didn't see that post andy il try that and keep that in mind. I plan on upgrading to a 939 with a sli setup by the end of the summer. I got an interview to work at bestbuy in the geek squad on saterday. Im good at everything else with computers, just not the most experienced with overclocking like some of you guys

later

urg so your saying that i shouldn't bother getting over 220 with this ram? Well it kinda sux since my older cheapy ram coulc run this speed easily. Im just disapointed with OCZ at this point. Maybe i just got the short stick. So i guess il just be running at a lowly 215 and be done with it. Definitly not worth my money and effort on this one. Unless anyone else has any bright ideas. One thing i did notice is that with JSJ's i could run 220 with few errors, but on this 504 i cant even come close. i guess i should try going back to jsj's.

What's the highest you've gone with the voltage?

i tried 3.5 but that just gave me even more errors

as i went down in volts i got less and less errors, which is why i still think these timings are off im using the ones Andy suggested, they work fine for normal usage but anything over 215 is teh sux

i tried 3.5 but that just gave me even more errors

as i went down in volts i got less and less errors, which is why i still think these timings are off im using the ones Andy suggested, they work fine for normal usage but anything over 215 is teh sux

Some memory just WILL NOT go far beyond it's rated spec even with loose timings. I have found 225 to be around the average crap out speed. TCCD is about the same except it will usually keep going with looser timings. I think any memory rated at DDR400 is a crap shoot though I do think 215 on your memory is a bit weak for something that is so highly recommended...