Lanparty UT nf4 sli-d o/c problem.

bossy

Hi all,

I am having problems getting ANY stable overclock on my Lanparty UT NF4 Sli-D.

I have converted from the darkside :D and so am more used to P4 terminology and all things AGP.

The problem would seem to be to do with the PCI bus, as I can find no option to lock this.

Does such an option exist?

I have an SD 3700+ and OCZ 4000 EL gold Ram, so I thought I would take the FSB up to 220, seemingly within parameters of my RAM.

When I do this my wireless network card stops working and if go into CS: Source everything is fine until I move the mouse!

I am sure I am missing something simple here but can anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks.

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

Thanks Surrept.

So that rules that out then.

Anyone have any other ideas?

I followed the A64 o/c guide, but as stated ANY overclock will cause instability in Windows. Even an underclock caused problems when I was following the guide.

For example I reduced the multiplier from 11x to 10x and computer would not even boot.

I am using the yellow RAM slots currently, against what seems to be the advice on here.

Reason for that was using the orange RAM slots caused loads of errors at stock in Memtest.

Just a quick note to others who may have the Netgear WG311v2 wireless network card.

This was the cause of my problem. I swapped the card for my trusty Belkin and all was well. I am now up to a lowly 225 FSB, but it is better than the 200 I had before :P

The Netgear has been nothing but a problem ever since I bought it and probably stands out as my single most useless PC purchase.

B.