HELP! Sli-D BIG troubles!

:confused: HELP ME PLEASE!

i have just bought a hole new computer, and installed it myself!

fine fine, BUT: now i cant install windows xp!

when it begins installing, either the computer reboots or a blue screen apears! on the blue screen i says someting about:

"Machine_check_exception"

what is wrong?!

i have tried everything:

scanned the ram-modules with memtest - no errors

swicthet the rams around in the slots - no help

unpluging EVERYTHINg unnessasary - no good

swicthed HHD - no good

i have updated bios to version 310 - no good

i have given the ram-modules more power (2,6v) - no good

WHAT CAN I DO???

specs: nf4 lanparty SLI-D

amd64 3000+ venice

1 gb dual G.skill 2-3-36 (i think)

XFX nvidia 6800gt

OCZ 510watt powerstream PSU - enoguh power for sure... must the LEDS on the back of the PSU glow GREEN?? right now, they clow yellow...

the problem is not due to heat, the cpu max get 39 and the cpu gets max 49, soo..

PLEASE HELP ME MAN! IM PRETTY NEW AT THIS!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

im not exactly sure what you are asking...ive given you the answer...it might or might not solve your problem? how will you know unless you do as I directed and read the stickies, rules, and then the part about 5/10 or later bios to support Venice cpu...?

5/10 or later bios to support Venice cpu

6/23 is latest official on the dfi.com.tw website (download links are in teh sticky threads)

^

|

|

|

if you dont know what a 'sticky' thread is, look at those threads at the top of this forum that say 'Sticky'

in the 'Critical' sticky are links to the dfi website downloads.

Guest DrAgO

dane, you need to be taught manners, all AG is trying to do is give you some of his support, there is no point in having a fit over this matter, and 3/10 bios does NOT support venice, so flash your bios to the ones AG has said if the problem still occurs come back here.