Sign in to follow this  
marcuri

differences btw DFI UT and NON UT DFI SLI boards

i posted this before.. at least i thought i did.. but i guess i didn't, or maybe it was such a dumb question the mods deleted it... that doesn't help me though cause i'm still confused to why theres two SLI versions of this board listed on new egg. even on dfi's offical site theres 2 versions but i can't find ANY different between either of them. i'm probably overlooking something obvious but its driving me nuts and i won't buy the board until i know the difference. so please any help would be welcome.

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136151

and this one:

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136157

yea thats what i figured with the $30 price difference but in what way(s)? they seem identical in specs.

edit: found that the more expensive one has 2 more audio channels (8 compared to 6) but the SAME EXACT audio ports and audio processor. the 2 audio channels are the only difference. WTF? and thats what makes a $30 difference? theres gotta be something wrong with newegg's specs i think.... i'm going to look elsewhere.. if anyone knows the difference and can save me the hassel please post here.

yea thats what i figured with the $30 price difference but in what way(s)? they seem identical in specs.

edit: found that the more expensive one has 2 more audio channels (8 compared to 6) but the SAME EXACT audio ports and audio processor. the 2 audio channels are the only difference. WTF? and thats what makes a $30 difference? theres gotta be something wrong with newegg's specs i think.... i'm going to look elsewhere.. if anyone knows the difference and can save me the hassel please post here.

The non-UT has all the LAN party accessories like the carrying strap, etc. It also has frontx, but im not sure if the UT version does as well. Basically if u only want the mobo without all the fancy extras get the UT version and save $$$

The non-UT has all the LAN party accessories like the carrying strap, etc. It also has frontx, but im not sure if the UT version does as well. Basically if u only want the mobo without all the fancy extras get the UT version and save $$$

What's a "frontx"?

haha what is frontx was going to be my question.... apperently i found my old thread (i have no clue why i couldn't find it before) sorry for the repost. in that they told me to search for it. they really should make the question and answer a sticky cause theres 15 threads i've found on it. i've yet to find one where frontx has been explianed though...

thanks again for responding.

Ahh,, the new version actually has fixes from the Prior motherboard, where the ram voltage over 3 volts using those jumpers caused serious damage to connected peripherals and the board itself. It might have some extended features as well.

mods didnt delete it, they were locked and you were told to use the search button as the question had been asked 100 times already.