no post after sli experience ...

hello there !

first of all - my rig -

a64 4000+ s.d core, dfi sli-dr, 2X512mb g.skill le, pcp&c 510W,2X36gb raptors, audigy zs platinum pro, and just got 2Xevga 6800 gt's.

i got everything hooked up, installed xp - everything was working sweeeet.

till - after a run of 3dmark 2003 system locked up.

i turned off the pc - tried to power it on again - and no boot at all, all fans working, all 4 leds were working, and after 1-2 second, the first led started to blink.

i cleared cmos like rgone explained on one of the threads here - and system booted up - loaded up optimised settings - and after i pressed save & exit - came back to the same situation i was in before.

tried it over again and again and everytime i had the blinking led after saving bios and exiting.

i decided to try and load other bios - instead of going to bios - i tried to boot with cd - loaded up bios 623-1, and after the restart - bam again - no post !

this time - mobo is beeping ....

when i am using the 1st pci-e slot - the closest one to the socket - i get again 4 leds, one is blinking and no go at all ...

when i am using the lower pci-e slot - i get 4 leds light on - shutting down one after one - until it gets to the second one - then i hear beaps - and first led is left working alone.

i have tried everything - switched to 1 vga card, moved the sli jumpers to single card location, tried a x300 i had working before, tried working with 1 dimm on the highest orange slot .... no go .... what can i do ?

thnx in advance if u stayed with my story till now .... and plz throw any idea you have ... !

Hello,

Have you ever tested the PC with memtest?

Have you plugged all 4 power connectors into the board.

- Floppy drive connector under the CPU socket

- Hard drive connector on top the chipset fan

Clear the CMOS for 10mins using the jumper.

then power the PC and see what happens.

damn ! thnx all for the replies - i just connected badly one of the sli jumpers - hooked everything up - and pc is running like a devil again !

thnx all !

dfi-street.com is da bomb !

A.G ownz !

well, thanks for coming back and reporting. a very typical thing to do, don't feel bad about it.

@S&M: please read the forum rules and put your complete computer specs in your signature under "user cp" ty.