Sign in to follow this  
Katch

Longhorn Beta 1

when my games play better than they do on XP, and everything works properly, and there's an anti-virus for it...I'll use it.

just like XP64

just like XP

just like 2k

just like ME

just like 98SE

just like 98

just like 95

I guess that means you'll be getting xp64 soon. :sweat:

You realize that Windows started out as a copy of the Apple OS made for windows so dont expect much from them It is very rare for windows to have an original idea witout having someone develop it first for them to copy.

Just imagine if Apple sold the OS instead of trying to only selll it with computers.

And didnt steve jobs steal the idea from xerox at palo alto?

And i agree, apple should licence its os and its platform, and then they might have more than the 10% market share.

It's kinda hard to steal when you are invited in to see the work ar Xerox PARC and not required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Besides, Xerox PARC didn't know what to do with their invention but Jobs knew right away how important it was.

If not for Jobs the PARC guys might have just put it away and someone else would have developed the GUI on their own.

And didnt steve jobs steal the idea from xerox at palo alto?

eventually someone would have...but then there might not have been a 'microsoft' and apple might very well be a different animal all together...who knows...we might have waited 10 extra years for pc's to take off, or maybe someone would have done it better and MS would just not exist (but i'm sure some other behemoth would exist in their place...we can just fantasize that it would be better than MS)

I haven't been able to make it crash yet but I'm still trying things.

I am quite good at that.. :)

I am sure if they post up a trial I will give it a spin. I wish I had gotten into the beta program for this one. *shrug*