Sign in to follow this  
Cylok

Very best 2x1gig kits for upgrade?

What are the very best 2x1gig sticks for performance and o/c'ing? Price not an issue, if you were buying for your system tomorrow, what would they be? Any brand.

I have some very nice ram now, but they are 2x512, and I would like to upgrade to 2gig, plus the sticks I have now, I'll put in my wifes rig, which will make her happy too. ;)

Been looking at these two:

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA21618

http://www.crucial.com/store/MPartspecs.As...BL2KIT12864L503

Well, I ordered the Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2 gig kit, and one stick was bad. RMA'ing it, SO I would still like to hear some input what what the best is out there to own as far as 2 gig kits on my board. Anyone?

Guest burningrave101

The Crucial Ballistix 1 gig sticks are currently the best available.

Found out today, Crucial will no longer be offering the Ballistix Tracer line of Memory modules. They are out of stock and there will be no more to come. This was from two techs at Crucial. They will however, still offer the regular line of Ballistix. Just passing along what was told to me today.

As of this morning I had opted to go ahead and do a cross-shippment for a replacement of the order I had received... but of well. I will prolly look into OCZ, GEiL or Corsair.

I thought the only differnce between the Ballistix line and the Ballistix Tracer line was those (imho ugly) LEDS.

I thought the only differnce between the Ballistix line and the Ballistix Tracer line was those (imho ugly) LEDS.

I really dig those LED's, in a windowed case they look awesome. But yes, from what I've seen, the only difference between the two is the LED's on the PCB. And the color, lol.