my floppy dissapeared???

ok so I never use my floppy but anyways i was gonna update to the latest bios tonigth and since i dont have an cdrs here right now i figured i would just format a floppy and use that.....

well anyways when i went to format i noticed its not even showing up......

it shows it in the bios but not in windows....is there something i have to do to get it to show up??

thanks in advance.....

Has it ever worked? In other words is this the first time you have tried using your floppy drive? Check your floppy cable (reseat connectors at both ends) Verify power cable is connected. Also reseat it. Try another cable as well.

ok this is bugging me. Like ludeboy I used the FDD to update my BIOS from 315 to 623-3 (X2 support) and I've been using Floppy Seek in the BIOS to detect the drive, nothing. It's like the drive isn't getting power, so I tested multiple 4-pin plugs from two different PSU's, nothing. I tried multiple cables too, it's gotta be these BIOS. Clearing the CMOS now and going to try optimized defaults, and if that doesn't work I'll see if I can't roll back the BIOS version....

Oops, nevermind. I realized I had the Onboard FDC Controller disabled in the Integrated Peripherals menu in my BIOS. Typical, I spend all day looking for my wallet and it was in my pocket the whole time.

as it turns out i too had the FDC controller disabled.....

didnt actually know what that was till i read that ATF had his off.....anways problem solved....

seems like that takes care of my one and only issue i had with my first build here....w00t...