Completely Kick-Butt Keyboard

red930

lol you didn't tell me until just now foo!

its ok, when i have to get a new kb (this is about 4 years old and i friggin LOVE it) it will give me excuse to buy new desks (momma and i still use these $29 Wal-Mart student desks hahahaha...and folding tables!)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staples carries a desk that I really like. It's called the Arch Leg desk. Two steel arch frames that are powder coated. It has a huge keyboard and mousing surface. There's a small riser you can use but I never put that on.

I have two of them and will buy another just to have around. At $49.99 they are worth every penny.

Pay attention to the dimensions in the ad and you will see just how much room you get to work with.

Link goodness...

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku....pe=1&Sku=497066

unfortunately i dont have LCD monitors and 19" ones dont look like they would have any good space

but

beyond that...i want the corner desks...she and I have a corner to ourselves with folding tables down the length of each wall

thats a badass keyboard. i still like my saitek keyboard i have to. i wonder how much that keyboard will be myself. the illuminx i bought for my intel rig was 95.00 thats expensive for a keyboard. i can only imagine what that will cost.

oled seems to be a long time coming. Just a hunch but I'm thinking it'll be one of those things that are surpassed by something newer and better by the time it finally makes the scene.

the illuminx i bought for my intel rig was 95.00 thats expensive for a keyboard

When they came out, I paid $150 or so after taxes, (damned Canadian government) but as AceGoober implied, some things you just gotta have. The IlluminX has outlasted just about every other peripheral on my desk but if they do build this thing, I can see myself getting one...price be damned. :nod:

hmmm nice keyboard.

I'm starting to really like the Saitek "Executive" with the light up keys... After the logitechs I have been using it's a lot crisper.

Looks nice next to my new computer

dscn04372ku.th.jpg

CRT monitor depth is the reason I never put my desk up against the wall. This allows you to reclaim a large amount of desktop space. My ancient Sony 17" display actually hangs off the back of the desk by over half the depth of the base to leave a lot of room in front. I try to leave enough room behind the desk so I can get behind it to move stuff and run wires.

I have my two desks arranged in an L configuration with two displays in front and the rigs running down the side. The huge keyboard/mouse tray keeps the desktop open for everything else. I even mounted a USB powered blue LED light above the keyboard so I can see where to place my fingers on the keyboard even when the room is dark.

unfortunately i dont have LCD monitors and 19" ones dont look like they would have any good space

but

beyond that...i want the corner desks...she and I have a corner to ourselves with folding tables down the length of each wall

Can you imagine having to look at three co-workers all day, every day with that setup. Talk about a source of workplace violence.

Next house I build will have a dedicate media room.

Just my stuff takes up the better part of a normal size bedroom. Now that Cobia has moved in, I had to take the doors off the closet and we setup his rigs using the extra depth(no "in the closet" jokes please lol).

Next we have to invest in a wall mount for the TV so we can reclaim some more floor space.

There are four CRTs, one LCD and eight rigs in the computer room right now. We may have to invest in a window unit to get some more cooling in the room. LOL

isn't this a beauty:

6282har_v2.jpg

staples