Completely Kick-Butt Keyboard

red930

Take note of the comments.. it will cost about the same as a good mobile phone. To you that may be a $39.99 Nokia where as to someone else that may mean a $2500 gold plated Motorola satellite capable phone

I could get that keyboard if the cost would be somewhat same as what I paid for my cell phone. That is... a cheap Nokia (whoknowswhatmodel) which I got from a friend... for free! :D

With same price I could get even multiple keyboards, but I highly doubt I could get away with such non-existing price tag. :tooth:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@cooler: WTF are you doing to kill keyboards?! I've only broken one keyboard, ever. I was a little... angry at a game, Tomb Raider, and threw the keyboard at the floor.

Smoke (and occasionally ash) from cigarettes, dust... and a few keyboards got their part of beverages.

Too much work to clean cheap (about 10€) keyboards... :angel:

So can you program all the keys to any image you want? or are you limited to letter keys being letters and such?

And can I have a keysaver?

(screensaver for your keyboard...har har...)

God I need a life. :rolleyes:

But seriously though, that'd be cool. Personally before buying one I'd like to try it out first. Some keyboards just have an 'off' feel to them that I just don't like. Another HUGE point is I can't stand wireless at all. I refuse to use it so there better be some method of keeping it attached to my computer at all times. I'm also concerned how many games and whatnot will come pre-loaded with software so we don't have to find the icons ourselves and program them in.

One plus though, playing in the dark would be way easier.

According to the company, there will be a SDK (System Developer Kit) which will allow you to create different images for each key and assign them functions.

So can you program all the keys to any image you want? or are you limited to letter keys being letters and such?

Take note of the comments.. it will cost about the same as a good mobile phone. To you that may be a $39.99 Nokia where as to someone else that may mean a $2500 gold plated Motorola satellite capable phone.

You can only buy a Nokia phone for $39.99 with a plan, be it pay as you go or otherwise... The real cost of that phone will be around $200..

Dont believe me?..

Then get a $39.99 Nokia phone from Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular (The 6255i would be a good one), etc and dont buy insurance.. drop the phone in the toilet and then take it back. You will be able to get a replacement at full retail which is around $299 for a Nokia 6255i, more for a Razr ($450) etc.. so that phone you got for $39.99 just got more expensive, as they wont give you another at $39.99 as you have signed up for a plan..

Of course there are Tracfones, but they aint exatly top of the line and use a phone lineup from like 5 years ago

That keyboard will be at least $299 if not more.. if they compare the price to a top line mobile phone, then thats the Razr at $450.. a tad too expensive..

ill get it....but im a little cautious.many a keyboard has fallen victim to my temper. i usually smash the first thing i can get my hands on, when it hits, and unfourtunatly it tends to be the keyboard. ive gone through several last year. my latest is a 10 dollar junker. im sick of losing 50-75 dollar keyboards due to a lack of basic restraint. and the thought of a 200 dollar one folded in half over my knee makes me sick.

• 3 weeks later...