Pimp your "Angry Lab" here!

Cobia69

omg, 2k a month in payments? ...for a $225k house? i'm not sure how leases work on houses but holy hell dude, what is your rate at? That would have to be at 10% (which would put you around $1970+) and up.

and gotta agree w/ Branjo, that is one big fkn cat - eats small dogs lol

keep in mind that we would have to buy this place with ZERO down since our bank accounts are drained (we have $5 or less in our two different savings accounts...we used to have at LEAST $2k in each of them before this money pit).

But do the math in a 30-year lease at whatever the fixed rate is (7%? something like that). Because an adjustable rate mortgage is about the stupidest thing you can ever do (that's direct from not only my rich uncle, but Julie @ Mercy Housing, Sonya @ the local realtor office, Josefa @ Canyon Financial, Kari @ Key Bank, I could go on and on and on).

$225k @ zero down for 30 years...it comes out to about $2k a month last we checked...

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's freakin' crazy dude, 2K a month would not even be an option for us; I only make $1800 :eek: Wifey and I are thinking of a sub 100K house with decent property and I can just improve it over time. Glad I spent that time doing construction, should save me a nice chunk. We're gonna try to get a mortgage this summer, if our credit is good enough by then. :rolleyes:

:spam:

Get it on topic, gawd!! Freakin mods are the worst of the bunch.

Don't mind the purple paint, I live with a bunch of Vikings fans. Makes being a Brett Favre fan a classy lady.

Anyways, we'll start with the desk since that's where I get all my work done. Sorry for the mess, I haven't cleaned up since I had breakfast...

hitechdeskbt1.jpg

Moving to the left we see the computer itself, which is actually a buddies HTPC now after I sold him a few things. It's a quad-core beast with a couple terabytes of storage. Pretty nice, needs a new graphics card though. Oh, and the always useful PS3.

ps3py7.jpg

You can kinda see this bench type thingy next to that, we had to build that to cover up a water meter. Have yet to hide the gas meter. I wish I had pics of this room prior to the conversion to awesome because Eli Roth coulda fit it into Hostel XXIII pretty effectively. But fortunately this makes up for that hell hole.

img0372gk1.jpg

120" of sweet delicious 1080p badassitude.

And here's a picture kinda showing the whole room along with the projector.

wholeroombt4.jpg

But wait, what's that in the back of the room?

pinksheetsha6.jpg

Oh yeah, that's where I sleep. On pink sheets. Purchased by me, for me. The only real downside of this whole thing is that 120" isn't nearly as impressive from 20 feet away. But meh, it's nice to be able to play game in bed every now and then. Just wait until the new nvidias come out to replace the 7900GTO and S.T.A.L.K.E.R will be even more beautiful.

:drool:

There's sumthin to be said about killin dudes that are actually taller than you are. (In video games of course)

:)

Someone's very thirsty.......:eek:

To be fair, this is sorta the party/game/theater room. So we decided to play 4-way beer pong on the floor last night.

It's sticky and it smells. And nobody but me is interested in cleaning it up. :(

Guest SuppA-SnipA

ReelFiles - what LCD do u have on ur pc?

Just wait until the new nvidias come out to replace the 7900GTO and S.T.A.L.K.E.R will be even more beautiful.

:)

technodanvan - plan to play STALKER with full dynamic lightning?

ReelFiles - what LCD do u have on ur pc?

technodanvan - plan to play STALKER with full dynamic lightning?

It'd be nice. I tried playing it again and got a couple hours in, but I'm gonna wait until I can turn the graphics up a lot more and actually run the correct resolution. Even my old 8800GTX struggled a bit at that, so I gotta wait for a new card.

Fortunately none of this is mine and the guy that owns it does intend to wait. He was gonna get the 3870X2 but I told him to hold off for another couple months. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. If not...well the X2 will be cheaper. :)

Guest SuppA-SnipA
hehe Steve had this thread up while he was taking the pics :D

whats Steves interwebs name? is it ReelFiles