Building a computer, looking for input

lgattone

@lgattone,

If you are not wanting to Overclock much the PC3200 Platinum 2GB kit is the way to go, it offers our lowest latencies at 200FSB for 2GB of ram. I have seen 220 FSB out of it at 2.5-3-3-x timings as about the max OC.

If you want 250FSB from 2GB I would recommend at this time, the OCZ4332048PFDC-K, I have 2-3 users at 245-250 with 3-4-4-8 timings.

We are looking at releasing some PC4000 rated (250FSB) 1GB sticks soon (next couple weeks we hope) with target timings of 2.5-3-3 or lower if we can find IC's that can make this happen.

This is all conjecture at this point..no official numbers or availability yet.

Hope that helps :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@lgattone,

If you are not wanting to Overclock much the PC3200 Platinum 2GB kit is the way to go, it offers our lowest latencies at 200FSB for 2GB of ram. I have seen 220 FSB out of it at 2.5-3-3-x timings as about the max OC.

If you want 250FSB from 2GB I would recommend at this time, the OCZ4332048PFDC-K, I have 2-3 users at 245-250 with 3-4-4-8 timings.

We are looking at releasing some PC4000 rated (250FSB) 1GB sticks soon (next couple weeks we hope) with target timings of 2.5-3-3 or lower if we can find IC's that can make this happen.

This is all conjecture at this point..no official numbers or availability yet.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you, that is great to know and I will be buying that memory from newegg when I get my new computer.

If I'm gonna get 220fsb on that with 2.5-3-3-x timings what will that allow me to get my amd 64 3200+ venice up to?

Also when I'm getting the board installed and everything set up what Bios would you guy's reccomend and what timings should I set the ram to to start with?

Once I get it up and running what am I going to have to put the voltage up to on the ram to get it to 220fsb stable while getting the 3200+ to the max overclock?

Is that heatsink fan I listed on my first post good enough? as long as I have the top 80, side 80, 2x 80's in the front and a 120 on the back of the case?

Sorry for the questions. I'm just trying to get the most out of my computer with the awesome mobo and ram and cpu i'm getting.

Thank you, that is great to know and I will be buying that memory from newegg when I get my new computer.

If I'm gonna get 220fsb on that with 2.5-3-3-x timings what will that allow me to get my amd 64 3200+ venice up to?

Also when I'm getting the board installed and everything set up what Bios would you guy's reccomend and what timings should I set the ram to to start with?

Once I get it up and running what am I going to have to put the voltage up to on the ram to get it to 220fsb stable while getting the 3200+ to the max overclock?

Is that heatsink fan I listed on my first post good enough? as long as I have the top 80, side 80, 2x 80's in the front and a 120 on the back of the case?

Sorry for the questions. I'm just trying to get the most out of my computer with the awesome mobo and ram and cpu i'm getting.

simple the multiplyer 10 times the memory speed 220 +2200. Some get away with dividers my computer only likes to have some though so get good memory the first time.

Those are some seriously improve timings if OCZ gets that to work on a regular basis I would really think about it. Got to wish OCZ some good luck on that one it wont be easy.

Ok I understand the 10x thing but what about default when I'm installing?

What bios should I use (or just use the one that's already on the board)?

and

What manual memory timings should I set that specific memory at (the ocz)? I don't want to keep it on automatic........... unless that is what I should do.

Thanks for any help.

Ok I understand the 10x thing but what about default when I'm installing?

What bios should I use (or just use the one that's already on the board)?

and

What manual memory timings should I set that specific memory at (the ocz)? I don't want to keep it on automatic........... unless that is what I should do.

Thanks for any help.

When you're installing and first getting the board running just leave everything at default settings.

I would recommend making a floppy disk to flash your BIOS right now. When you get your board flash to the latest official BIOS (6/23) and then go from there. That's what I do whenever I get a board. First thing I always make sure I'm on the latest official BIOS.

When you're installing and first getting the board running just leave everything at default settings.

I would recommend making a floppy disk to flash your BIOS right now. When you get your board flash to the latest official BIOS (6/23) and then go from there. That's what I do whenever I get a board. First thing I always make sure I'm on the latest official BIOS.

Thanks for that info. I'm kind of new to that so I'll read up on that and find out how to flash the bios right so I don't mess it up.

Thanks for that info. I'm kind of new to that so I'll read up on that and find out how to flash the bios right so I don't mess it up.

Use the Diamondflash method, give you directions right on DFI's website. It's the most simplistic way to do it.