Windows wont boot with RAM in first slot

Hey,

I currently have a SLI-D mobo and 2x1gb OCZ RAM sticks. For some reason windows will not load when i am running dual RAM. It will only work when i using single channel either in the organe or yellow slot. As soon as i try running dual channel the computer will just freeze at the Windows startup page.

Is this an issue with the motherboard itself or something to do with bios?

I have tested both RAM sticks using memtest and have gotten no errors so i can assume that the ram itself is not the problem...

Yeah you prob have the old Bios.. you need to update/flash it and put each of your two sticks in only the orange slots anyway.. your prob only running in single channel if your bios is fine but you want them running in Dual hense the orange slots like the instructions tell ya.

Ok so what version bios should i flash it with, and does anyone have a link to it. Have been only using the orange slots...

Im not sure how to find my current version but its the one that came with the mobo.

Thanks for everyones help so far!

I'm up and running with the configuration in the signature below. I've got 2x512 OCZ in the orange DIMM slots. I've got a stable (for two days now) install of XP 64-bit, and I'm using 6.23-3 from the official DFI download site.

What do your memory bios settings look like? You may want to search around for a thread with some baseline settings for your specific RAM. Not sure this is exactly your RAM but check out thread http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16973.

David

I had to install the OS with only 1 ram stick because it wouldnt install running dual channel.

It appears that windows refuses to load running dual channel, ive tried swapping to the yellow slots and it still wont load with 2 sticks...

Ok, boot back up with one stick and run superpi for a 32meg run ... it will take about 25 minutes. If that passes then I'd start looking closely at mem settings.

The 2g craze on the nf4 is relatively new and there is not a lot of info available yet, but search the forum here for 2g and follow some of there timings.

Also, drop a note to the ocz support guys here ... they will also give you some good suggestions on some timings for that:

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46