Sign in to follow this  
amarios

TwinMOS SpeedPremium is Bad!

try this trick which will make me run my value VX @ DDr400 2-2-2-8 @ 2.5volt only and wil let me reach my max # 3.4 which is DDR518

" in the Dram timings page in bios in the bottom half of the page set everything to auto , starting from DQS Skew Control set it and the rest to auto except the last thing keep it disabled and the DQS Skew Value to zero"

how does that affect performance/bandtwith?

Calm down Little Dude :nod:

The new-BH chips dont like "BankInterleave" enabled. So disable this. Use the follwing settings:

200,enable,2.0,2,8,2,8,16,3,2,2,3,1560,1,DISABLE,auto,0,auto,auto,7ns,fast,5.0ns,256,enable,x16,x7,disable.

Start the FSB in dualchannel "orange" at 220Mhz and go UP slowly using the memtest in the bios ... should be no errors in tests 1-3,5,8. Keep creeping FSB up 5Mhz till you hit the wall.

Use HTT at x3 multi, CPU at x10 multi, and unless you are moving the JP17 jumper, dont set Vdimm higher than 3.1V (note, the "feature" in the bios has Vdimm at 0.1V higher than your bios setting if Trcd = 2, so setting 3.1Vdimm actually makes 3.2Vdimm).

This is important, since the default JP17 setting is 3.3Vrail for Vdimm supply, and that is 3.3V, so setting ultimate Vdimm to 3.3V will cuase instability because you are trying to run it at the same voltage as the rail supplying the regulator...and this is not gonna work right. OR set Trcd = 3 and use 3.2Vdimm in bios.

There are versions of bios labeled "fix" or "fixed" that have this feature removed, so 3.2Vdimm = 3.2Vdimm, but if you stick to DFI bios's keep the Trcd +0.1Vdimm issue in mind.

Further, there is a Vtt (Vdimm data line terminating resistor supply) issue which has some droop in it at high Vdimm or high vdimm current situations...aka using BH or TCCD rams. Untill this issue is sorted out, or there is a work around, BH ram will be more suseptible to this issue than other types of ram, and will give oyu a lower MAX fsb, but eventually when we have Vtt rock solid, BH will seriously scream.

So, like the book says.... DONT PANIC!!!! Just turn off BankInterleave (which I believe WORSENS the Vtt issue and hence needs to be disabled with BH ram) and see how it goes.

Sorry to hear it. My cheapie TwinMOS SP PC3200 modules will do 245 at 1T at 1.5-2-2-3 at 3.4V in dual channel.

HOLY crap! Does all BH-5 RAM do that?? Mine is at 246 and my timings are 2-2-2-5-2T! Can you do me a favor (pretty please) and tell me what BIOS you are using and ALL the settings you are using in the DRAM config page? If you would I would thank you alot!

if his ram is the new bh, then we have similar sticks, mine ran fine with bank interleave on, you would have to overclock the memory a lot to get it back

HOLY crap! Does all BH-5 RAM do that?? Mine is at 246 and my timings are 2-2-2-5-2T! Can you do me a favor (pretty please) and tell me what BIOS you are using and ALL the settings you are using in the DRAM config page? If you would I would thank you alot!

BIOS is in sig

Memory settings as follows (thank HouseRAT for these, he did all the work......I just copied them):

memorysettings.jpg

guys be sure to know this fact and don't let it amaze u ro anything

A64 mem controller doesn't support CAS=1.5

Thanks to all that have posted here, maybe I can get it right this time. Keep posting tips and a64 screenshots, helps me quite a lot. ;)

edit: Finally got it working! :D Memtest stable (tested for about 2 hours) Thanks again to everyone!

Here's an A64 Tweaker screenshot of my current settings

a64tweakscreen_working.jpg

edit2: hmmm......even though I get no errors in memtest whatsoever....prime95 blended test fails.....and I know the cpu is rock stable at the current speed....

It seems my ram and cpu refuses to cooperate properly when overclocked.....

Feeling a bit confused now..... :(