1.75v(CPU) on restart w/510-2FIX BIOS!!!!

So my friend came over last night to test out some memory he got last week to match some memory I sold him. He wanted to make sure they were the same chips. They were the Geil Ultra X series 512MB modules. So when he got here I just loaded defaults and did a CMOS clear to be safe. Moved my jumper(J17) back to normal.

The sticks are suppose to be TCCD. I had tested one a week earlier and got it to DDR622. Pretty good I thought. anyways, I just decided to test them individually to see cause Geil made the announcement that they changed them to BH-5. So the one I knew was TCCD I just left out. Started testing the new stick and got it to around 250HTT 2-2-2-5 with 3.2v and it started to give me errors past that, tried loosening timings to 2.5-3-3-8 like the other stick before and it gave me lots more errors.

So was pretty certain that it was BH-5, didn't really want to go into heavy testing as, well, just tired of testing. On my last restart I went into CMOS Reloaded on accident (trying to be fast) and noticed that all of my saves were all "cracked out" so to speak. Like one is called "Memtest 245HTT", but when I saw it it said, "meeemmtteeesst 22244555HHTTTTTTT" . So I was like, hmm thats pretty wierd. So I go into the Genie Bios and look at my voltages and my CPU voltage was @ 1.75v and all the others were as they should have been. Remember this is actual voltage, settings were 1.20v + 123% which should have been around 1.45v or so. Obviously I did a power off at the PSU right away. Sat there for a minute and wondered if she would work again or not. Did a CMOS clear stuck my memory back in and everything's been cheery.

So now my question is does anyone know why this happened? or how? Did I miss something? Are the CMOS readings and that voltage related? Also, I have had my CPU voltage up to around 1.7v before, but thats it. I don't really think that my proc. is messed up, but am really getting scared of these BETA BIOS's, especially since the 704 got recalled. I'm not saying that BETA BIOS's are crap or anything I just want to now your guys' thoughts on why this may have happened. TIA

-Freez

When the board boot up in safe mode, eg. all params set to be sure for boot, CPU voltage is 1.75.

In fact that is happening each time you hold INS while booting.

And don't worry, my board boots with 1.78V :nod: not dependent on BIOS and thats happening with official and with betas.

When the board boot up in safe mode, eg. all params set to be sure for boot, CPU voltage is 1.75.

In fact that is happening each time you hold INS while booting.

And don't worry, my board boots with 1.78V :nod: not dependent on BIOS and thats happening with official and with betas.

Why would the board boot at 1.75v on a 1.40v chip?? This doesn't make any sense.

-Freez

i think its a bug with the bios, anything over 113% and it might do the normal volage plus 123% (1.4v + 123%). I may be wrong but oskar posted about this a few days ago. I think it was this bios not sure

i think its a bug with the bios, anything over 113% and it might do the normal volage plus 123% (1.4v + 123%). I may be wrong but oskar posted about this a few days ago. I think it was this bios not sure

What your talking about is the 7/04 BIOS recall. I'm on the 510-2FIX, although that is what scared me. Had that in the back of my mind.

-Freez