Nf4 Ultra-D> stand for ultra slow lan??

seems like i've tried everything......diff bios, diff dirvers and still no matter what i can barely break the 1mbit mark on a 6mbit line.....

i've tried both the nvidia and marvel and they are both about the same.....seems like i can get a nice burst when i first start a download but it drops off right away and settles at anywhere between 90-130.....kinda pathetic when im used to downloading at 550+ all the time.....

i put my old gateway back together and its getting the speeds i should be seeing on this line but this board just will not do it.....it never has....

would it be best to just invest in a pci ethernet card???

not sure what else there is to do here....

would it be best to just invest in a pci ethernet card???

A good new Intel chipset Lan card will blow most any of the onboard processor assisted Nics out of the water. Onboard is for sales gimmicks and not those who really would research and put the 'best' pieces together for the best overall sourced out rig. But I do not know how to turn the hands of time backwards even if it might be better in the long run.

RGone...

PS: I just googled this search term fastest Intel Nic.

http://www.nwc.com/916/916r1side4.html

One more:

http://forums.speedguide.net/archive/index.php/t-30014.html

well all be....i upgraded to nforce 6.66 and then i used both cablenut and drtcp to tweek my settings and im getting 760kbps download now constant with no drop off....

oh im soo happy......its just too bad this happened now after i already ordered a nic......oh well.....

• 5 weeks later...

Now ya got me thinking (lol)

has anyone used the PCIExpress NIC cards????? Just curious i see that they are widely available. Any benefit to using PCIExpress over Standard PCI ?????

If there are any benefits i might order one to play with :) Thanks

For clarity!

Roughly stated, 800Kbps = 100KBps since there are 8bits to a Byte.

little b is bit

Big B is byte

K is always Big K for Kilo

M is always Big M for Mega

p is always small p for per, can also be replaced with the / symbol

The conversion from Byte to bit is always a little rough because there is some overhead for error correction bits(parity) and retransmit packets.

My 5Mbps connection delivers about 523KBps of throughput from a good server on a fast link.

Is that a mistake? Did you mean kb/s because kbps means something different 760kbps is about 80kb/s .