Sign in to follow this  
cecco

1 LED stays lit when rebooting! What gives?

Hello,

I just updated my bios to 623-2 to see if the cold boot issue was fixed. Negative on that. However now everytime I reboot my computer 1 red LED light stays on and the computer doesn't boot to the OS, the monitor goes into power saving mode.

The only way I can get back in to windows is to wait about 10 minutes and then it will bring me to the screen that says that windows had encountred a hardware error and could not load properly. I select to start windows normally and then everything is fine. This also happens everytime I go in and out of the BIOS.

Since I flashed to the new bios the system is not overclocked and currently my vx is getting 3.1v, however I did move the ram to the yellow slots, since I understand those are the best with this bios revision, and I am back on the 5v jumper.

Please help. Cold boot was annoying, but this is worst. :confused:

This might sound dumb,but I'm tryin to learn about the NF4,why would you be on the 5v jumper if your only giving your ram 3.1v :confused:

Well that is what I started out with, then I even tried 3.2v and 3.3v but still had the same problem. I also improved my cooling this time around. I have a 80mm fan blowing directly on top of the RAM and another at an angle blowing from left to right across the upper right hand corner of the mobo and the RAM.

I have no idea what could be causing my system not to go just hang up like that. This is really bumming me out. I was looking forward to better overclock and a cure to the cold boot problem. This is what I got instead. :(

I just ran prime95 for 20 min to make sure that mem and cpu where somewhat stable and no errors there.

Could the BIOS flast have gone wrong? Then again if that was the case I don't think I would be typing this right now.

Anyone?