LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D & Mushkin L2V2 problem

I can't get my 2 x 512mb Mushkin PC3200 L2V2 to work together when installed in DIMM slots 2 & 4. 1 stick in either slot 2 or 4 works fine. I've used Memtest 3.2 to test both sticks individually and together but no errors are reported. Everything was working fine for last month or so until I put an Artic VGA Silencer onto my Leadtek 6600GT and reinstalled XP. That was about 1 week ago and now I get BSOD's every time XP loads up. Happens are different intervals. I tried upgrading BIOS to 623-3 to no avail. I've loaded optimized defaults in the BIOS and am not overclocking anything. I thought it was my 6600GT at first so tried a few things and even have stock cooler back on. No change. Any ideas?

Thanks for the info guys. Candelaria sent me a pm so I'm gonna try that. I'll post my results.

what voltage are you using now?

I haven't touched any voltages or any bios settings for that matter. All settings are the optimized defaults as set on main page in bios. I've never overclocked yet but with Candelaria's help, hopefully I'll have my 3500+ Winnie up at 2.5GHz+.

So switching from 623-3 to 623-2 fixed it,or was there more to it?

That's all I did. I tried a few BIOS revisions: 310, 310-2, 623 and finally 623-2 which is working a charm now. Still going strong so I'm gonna leave it going overnight.

• 2 weeks later...

Problems again. I was trying to backup a dvd, let it run overnight but the system rebooted at some stage. 2nd time this has happened since last post. I'm fed up with this so I swapped in my older Mushkin BH5 ram and am using BIOS 623-3. No problems at all.

Problems again. I was trying to backup a dvd, let it run overnight but the system rebooted at some stage. 2nd time this has happened since last post. I'm fed up with this so I swapped in my older Mushkin BH5 ram and am using BIOS 623-3. No problems at all.

I also have the same problem and the only way I could fix this issue is to remove one memory stick and get the system stableize with one 512. As soon as the second memory stick is added, the system reboots itself liek there is no tomorrow.

hmm, i have the same ram as you, but a nf3 board. My ram works fine in my board... i guess if i ever go socket 939 i need to pick a different mb manufacturer (one that works around the products that i intend to move from system_upgrade to system_upgrade).

I was thinking of buying an dfi nf3 s939, but i'm waiting for things to get sorted out, if they ever do. It kinda sucks that there seems to be no compliance testing done prior to DFI releasing their products.