Unknown Connector On Vid Card

gravy

I have a MSI 8838 OEM GeForce3 Ti200 vid card, 64mbDDR, AGP, anyways, i see a yellow 4-pin connector on the back end of card, sort of like a motherboard connector for a fan, but with 4 pins instead of three

does anyone know what this is for? it's not labeled at all

just wondered if it is like the extra power connector on some of the newer cards, but if so would plugging power into it help or hurt or be any different? and if so, where do i get a connector to plug into it? questions questions :P

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm

I'll have to look into that. I wonder why other cards don't have a "testing" connector. You would think they can test what they want through the AGP bus. Thanks for the info. It wasn't like I was going to just plug power to it, but I thought it might help distribute the power more and keep it off the motherboard, if that's what it was.

older cards did need power... v5 cards had a power connector.

and that connector is actually for the mfg to do some diags on cards that are either in for service or random qc checks. they drop it in a special motherboard assembly and it brings up on a seperate system voltages, if the card has been oc'd (that's how pny caught my brother), and a few other diagnostic tools.

Edited by bigred