No Money Limit Best Computer Photo Rendering

have you guys forgotten something?

Best recommendation: dual processing: either 2 Intel Xeon 3.0ghz 533FSB or 2 AMD AthlonMP 2800+ and a nice Tyan mobo for duals.

We have a dual MP setup at my school just built last year used for Video Processing, edit, and all that kind of movie studio stuff. There is no doubt that these are the best processors for his job. And btw, that computer i was talking about overheats, so make sure that he gets adequate fans because the stock fans (2) plus 3 cheap case fans and 1 psu fan wont do. Tell him to get the highest CFM case fans there are. the computer crashes because of too much heat.

Edit: Oh, and video dudes need lots of hdd space for projects, so more than 300gig hdd will be kool for him. And since money aint the issue, 4gigs of dual cosair ram... they sell 1 gig rams so 4 x 1 = 4 gigs

Edited by Transattic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If money is no option go for 15000 rpm hd's and get at least two. It improves preformance by running the os off one and the rendering off the other. AS for cpu i would go with dual mps 2800s it that limits ram speed but u can have more.

2 gigs should be fine.....you can always add more.

and no 512 wont do for photo rendering....dude i need more than that to play my games lol.

I dont listen to anyone that says more than 512 in a gaming pc is just bragging rights because when i added the extra 256mb of ram on top of the 512 i already have...it helps out when it comes to having multiple ie bars and trying to listen to mp3s and stuff like that....YES IT HELPS TO HAVE MORE THAN 512 FOR SOME PEOPLE!!! LOL!!!

how about the Tyan S2466N-4M Dual AMD CPU LAN DDR Memory

will it support higher than 266 mhz ddr ram?

or anyone else have any better motherboards to use for the dual 2800mp? or anything faster cpu lol

fast fast fast!!!! not single cpu nonsense anymore lol for gaming its kinda useless but for photoshop its like a 20% - 60% difference hehe