Sign in to follow this  
cecco

J17 Good to Go Again?

I have been away from the forum for a while and I was wondering if a bios was out that fixed the cold boot issue primarly found when using the 5v jumper with OCZ VX memory.

I have been running my memory on the 3.3v rail until this issue was resolved so I'm eager to get off the divider and try pushing 250x11 1:1 :cool:

Thanks for the help

As far as I know bioses have come out attempting to fix this issue but it still is not 100%. Many are still having cold boot problems or dying dimms. Your best bet is doing the 3.3v mod trick and running higher off your psu rail and putting your dimms in the yellow slots as the orange slots have some 'electrical' differences between each other which seem to be causing the cold boot/dying dimms to begin with.

I really don't want to mess with the PSU and changing the voltage on the 3.3 rail. However what you say about the different current levels on the orange slot may be the reason why one stick of RAM behaves different from the other when dealing the cold boot. For example one stick will work on slot 2 but the other won't work on the same slot.

I'm going to download the 7/02-2 bios and switch my ram to the yellow slots. Hopefully this will do it. If not I'm going to return my ram to ocz and get something different. If I was going to use a divider on my new righ I wouldn't have bought the VX.

Wish me luck! :)