Cpu Temp

hunter

What do you guys use to check your temp on the CPU? My mother board has a built in feature that says the temp is 50-55 Deg c. Is this a good one to go by? Also with this temp can I safely OC my system?

Brian Hunter

Hey:

Bishop is right that is high for a base setting, what the rig and current cooling? One thing to remember is the the temps aren't always very accurate. Have you run load vs. resting tests to see the net gain? That will tell you if the monitor is working Ok and will also give you a rate increase to know what to expect if OC'ing

I have an Antec tower with 2 fans front blowing in, 1 fan side blowing in, 2 back blowing out, Thermal Take volcano 9 hsf running full.

MoBo Gigabyte GA 7VTXH

AMD xp 1900+

512 gb ddr ram(Don't know the brand)

GF 3 Ti 200

SB Audigy X Gamer

40 gig drive

120 gig WD drive

DVD rom

DVD burner

I don't think I run my pc very hard, I just play some games, copy movies and songs, so I'm sure these temps are under a light load.

I have the pc on the floor next to my desk, I am going to move the whole setup to the other side of the room so the back of the pc will be rite in front of the AC vent.

I checked the mbm site and I did'nt see my MoBo listed as being compatible. When I upgrade soon the new board will be.

I am using this setup as a ginny pig testing ideas so when I build my new one I know what I want to do. If I mess this one up it won't be such a big deal. Know what I mean :)

I want to OC but if I'm going to screw up I'd rather it be on this pc not learn the hard way on the new one.

Thanks for the help

Brian Hunter

Edited by hunter

liquidcooler it does seem that your temps are high since you run water cooling you mite try putting another fan on your radiator and i just check your site the reddish color on the radiator is either anodized aluminum or copper

Thermal Take volcano 9 hsf running full.

that is your problem. that hsf sux. get something solid copper like volcano 7+ or slk 800 or slk 900

it will drop your temps

but watercooling will really really drop your temps and noise