Sign in to follow this  
shira

Is OCZ Powerstream cable-length enough for NF4 Ultra-D and Antec P180

Sorry to bring this up again, but i was wondering if the original poster ever got a difinative answer? I have a LP nF4 SLI-DR and PowerStream 520 on the way, and was seriously considering the P180 as a case option. Can anyone confirm that this setup will fit?

I searched, but can't find anything specific on this issue.

I understand that because of the location of the PSU in the Antec P180 case, there can be issues with cable length. Does anyone know if the cable length of the OCZ Powerstream 520w PSU is adequate for the DFI NF4 Ultra-D in the P180 case?

If not, are cable-extensions available for 24-pin PSUs? And/or does OCZ have a "long cable-length" option on any of their PSUs?

I can confirm this is a combination that works! ;)

I couldn't tell you if the powerstream psu has long enough cables for the p180. I know first hand that the enermax sli 535W has no problem at all reaching any connections.

The minimum length for a psu motherboard connector for a dfi sli-dr would be 20inches (51cm) in a p180 case-to give you an idea.

The antec p180 is a great case, there is only one problem I have with it and it could pose to be problem for others who are often opening their case such as a new build.

The problem I had was with the side panel clips. 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top are used to secure the panel when the clips slide through the holes in the main case. Well these clips are plastic (???), so after 2 months both of the bottom ones broke off and now I have a case that won’t close all the way - still very quiet though. But I still want to close my case. It’s kind of weird because a lot of work and detail went into this case but a very small but important one got overlooked in my mind anyways. Every case I've had has had metal clips or another way to fasten the side panel into place. Oh well I'm in the process of finding out if antec will do anything about the non closure of my enclosure.

I have a Lian Li V1000B case, and the OCZ PowerStream 520 cables are way too long for it (better that, than too short).

ricey

The minimum length for a psu motherboard connector for a dfi sli-dr would be 20inches (51cm) in a p180 case-to give you an idea.

The antec p180 is a great case, there is only one problem I have with it and it could pose to be problem for others who are often opening their case such as a new build.

The problem I had was with the side panel clips. 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top are used to secure the panel when the clips slide through the holes in the main case. Well these clips are plastic (???), so after 2 months both of the bottom ones broke off and now I have a case that won’t close all the way - still very quiet though. But I still want to close my case. It’s kind of weird because a lot of work and detail went into this case but a very small but important one got overlooked in my mind anyways. Every case I've had has had metal clips or another way to fasten the side panel into place. Oh well I'm in the process of finding out if antec will do anything about the non closure of my enclosure.

I had the same problem. The 2 clips on the bottom of my side panel snapped off after the 3rd or 4th time I removed my side panel. It still shuts securely though for now. And to the original poster the OCZ Powerstream definitely works. I can confirm a PCP&C 510 SLI works as well with the P180.

Nice cable management pro7070! As for the p180 side panel I will let you know if antec has a solution.

Regarding my p180 side panel with broken clips. An antec service rep phoned me yesterday (was not home) and then today. Basically he told me that the case is so new that parts are not available as yet but when they do become available they should be able to replace my side panel :) . Now that’s what I call good service, anybody else with this problem (or notices that it will be a problem) should get their request in ASAP.

Regarding my p180 side panel with broken clips. An antec service rep phoned me yesterday (was not home) and then today. Basically he told me that the case is so new that parts are not available as yet but when they do become available they should be able to replace my side panel :) . Now that’s what I call good service, anybody else with this problem (or notices that it will be a problem) should get their request in ASAP.

Thanks for the heads up!

Same problem...the side panels are interchangeable (left and right) both of them broke off one of them while on the left side, and one off the other that is on that side now. It requires quite a bit of force to remove the left panel, I'm not sure why but thats what is breaking those tabs.

Exactly the same problem here with that left side panel. Its so stiff when trying to close and opening it is not much better. If those clips where metal I think it would be a different story. Plus there really is no place to get a good hold on the panel when closing it. They might have to design a whole new panel for the p180. Other than that this case rocks!

Sign in to follow this