Sign in to follow this  
charlie22911

DFI-nF4U400S-AL bios/setup photos

I think the best thing to do with Charlie is when he asks your opinion on what to buy, say the opposite.

When asking what processor to get we all said a 2500 or 2600 Mobile so he got a Desktop.

When asking what the best Heatsink to get was we said Thermalright SI-97 so he gets this Aerocool thingy that destroys said Desktop :tooth:

When asked what PSU to get we were all unanimous against the Vantec and recommended the Enermax, so he gets the Vantec.

Do you see the pattern emerging here? :shake:

I think the best thing to do with Charlie is when he asks your opinion on what to buy, say the opposite.

When asking what processor to get we all said a 2500 or 2600 Mobile so he got a Desktop.

When asking what the best Heatsink to get was we said Thermalright SI-97 so he gets this Aerocool thingy that destroys said Desktop :tooth:

When asked what PSU to get we were all unanimous against the Vantec and recommended the Enermax, so he gets the Vantec.

Do you see the pattern emerging here? :shake:

I think I'm catching on here,so you're saying we need to........what's the phrase....use reverse psychology

wait, im confused, you said dont get the vanteck? i thought you said dont get the enermax :confused: .

im really sorry guys, i misunderstood as usual and acted on the moment out of excitement (the egg tends to do that to me :nod: ).

i realy doubt i will use this psu in my next build , but its a 24pin just in case the need emerges. im bad with words but you see what i mean right? it a 'just in a rare case' thing.

boy i feel like a bonehead. no reverse psycho needed on me, im just a confused person...

BTW it does have 1 PCIe power in the chance i do go nF4, and you realy think i can afford SLI :shake: .

next up is the MSI 6600GT, that will take another couple of months.

we will see when it comes how she preforms, it must be better than my 450w rosewill, morso if a $25 PSU has better V's on it than the rose. oh boy, looks like im trying to reassure myself, do you realy think i screwed myself over, considering that it mostlikly wont be used on the next build? i would like to keep an O/c with my socketA...but i know what your thinking (shut up and listen charlie)

I'm pretty sure it won't be, and for a start thats a pretty weak PSU for NF4 imo, but Charlie likes to be unconventional :D

And nope, had problems even trying to open it in modbin and i'm wary about using Award Bios Editor after what Tmod said.

mabye DFI locked it then, or something. im curious as to what Tmod said, would i risk smoke and flames, or squeaks and squeels?

let me reassure you with all of the vantec products I have owned, a few aeroflow HSFs, thier UV light kit and a couple of thier 80 UV fans, and the Nexus Fan controller I should have never let go of :( I was very satisfied with in terms of thier quality, I would hope thier PSU line would be the same and if it were me I wouldnt hesitate trying one either, for your purposes, I think it will be just fine

If your not worried about SLi compatibility you should have no worry I would think

Do let us know how it works out. Thanks

Good luck sir

thanks, i feel better now :).

the PSU should be here the day after tommorrow, but wont have much if any testing time until the weekend since school starts back tommorrow.

*bump*

well, bad news good news, good first, my new PSU came in and i am by far nothing but impressed with it, bad news my vid card is borked. switched it on and it was artifacted beyond recognition, got to looking and found a cap in the bottom of my case, and looked at my trusty 9600, and lo and behold it was from my 9600! so i cant benchmark untill i have enough to get the MSI 6600GT :eek:. i know what you are thinking, "charlie strikes again!" but i have no clue realy how it came off, im at a loss here, what happend :(.

well, i have NO other vidcards here so im screwed, boy its gonna be awhile before im back up...

dude, you sure we are not related somehow, I just installed my new SI97a and although its much better at keeping my temps in check, its a tight tight fit and Im a bit worried by that, you and I dont seem to have very good luck do we :(

keep us informed when you get the vid card situated

i will, it may be awhile, mabye a month or more but i will get it eventually, hopefully sooner.

now if only i didnt kill my gF4 MX 440, 2Mb S3 Trio64, S3 Savage or Voodoo4 i would be fine :eek:, im putting chains around my computer and locking it shut and throwing away the key :nod:

well guys, good news and more bad news:

good news, this was done today with my setup:

[bIMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/charlie22911/a934a210.jpg[/bIMG]

bad news, just woke up so my breath is killing me :nod:

anyhoo, reseated the GFX and it works a lil better now, dont have the fan or ramsinks on it now so my clocks are lower, 280 seems to be my new max on the ram though, havnt tried the core cause i dont have a fan on it. im going for a toasty next. BTW my ram is at 200Mhz 1:1 with the CPU, something i couldnt do, looks like that PSU is teh bomb :D.

so whatcha think?

Very nice, well done Charlie :)

Did you fix your card then?

nope, thats what confuses me, the cap is gone yes, but it preforms a bit better, i will get some pix later of what im talking about. just tried 2400Mhz and it seems preety stable, i iwll go for a toasty at 2500Mhz, but my temps may be holding me back.

Your LUCKY. A resistor fell off my old Geforce FX5600, in fact, it was like that when i bought it. It worked fine though :)

I would have thought a cap would have been a bit different though...