DFI-nF4U400S-AL bios/setup photos

Really tough on the sub 100$ 2x512 ram,you could buy 1 stick,but the way they change chips so fast it might be hard to match up.

Ram prices are actually extremely favorable for the buyer right now,good TCCD-TCC5 is going new as low as 160$,when I bought mine prices were 240-300.

I've also seen quality TCCD ram going for cheap on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i realy cant spend that much, mabye one stick now and another later. i have disowned ebay, after losing out on ~250 on faulty parts before i found the egg.

overclocking is second from stability to me, though i am curious as to how high i can get the FSB on this U400S, 240 on the CPU FSB is highest ive gotten, as far as post, didnt bother with a full boot.

BTW any news on the bios mod shinobi?

well gramps is fussin about getting his DELL back so let me go (intel suks anyway :shake:)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i know its not saying much, but i have a 350w $25 "OKIA" PSU here that im benching on, right now im stress testing it, so far the +12v has not droped below 12.06v, got cpu running 2.3Ghz @ 1.9v, maktemp in the 50's. GFX card at 450/250, prime95 large inplace FFT for 3Hrs. im off to pick up another computer (its for me), i hope its at least a socket7 but connsidering the source it could be a 386 or lower :eek:

its stable at 1.7v at that speed, i just uped everything to max to put as much load on the PSU as i could.

here are the psu readings, first the +12v:

12.jpg

+5v:

5.jpg

+3.3v, low i know:

3.jpg

and the 5vSB:

5sb.jpg

is it just me or does that $25 psu look right good on the rails, mabye i can adjust the 3.3v rail in the PSU (POT?), but i would have to borrow my gramps DMM.

tried Oc, got it at 2500Mhz to boot into windows at 1.85v, but blue screened as soon as i opened P95... school starts back this coming monday so i wont have much time for these things, im expecting more money wensday. then i will get the PSU.

EDIT:

those readings are at 166x14 2.3Ghz 1.9v, 200Mhz ram 1.9v, chipset 1.8v AGP 450/250 1.7v prime95 and 3dmark03 same time all settings max, endless loop on test 3, fillrate, vertex shader and cpu test 2 for 3Hrs, no errors in prime or 3dmark during this time.

yeah and its only $25 so it might not even have any, i will open her up and post what i find tomorrow. i may just go ahead and order the PSU, i have no patence for waiting, i hate suspense. which is why i climb the walls if my computer dont boot after an Oc :D.

id say you probably dont have an adjustment, i could be wrong though but i doubt it in a 25 dollar jobber, and ill bet thats whats holding ya back at this point, get that 3.3 at or above par and as long as the other rails are also of the same state you probably can do that last setting you tired and not bsod

screw adjusting the POTs, even though it has none :D.

i just bought the 24pin 460w Vanteck ION, should be here next week, mabye it has POTs if need be but i doubt it.

my laptop battery is almost dead, folding realy eats it um :). well got to go, will be back when i get the PSU in.

screw adjusting the POTs, even though it has none :D.

i just bought the 24pin 460w Vanteck ION, should be here next week, mabye it has POTs if need be but i doubt it.

my laptop battery is almost dead, folding realy eats it um :). well got to go, will be back when i get the PSU in.

Was that PSU on the recommended list for NF4?

Was that PSU on the recommended list for NF4?

I'm pretty sure it won't be, and for a start thats a pretty weak PSU for NF4 imo, but Charlie likes to be unconventional :D

And nope, had problems even trying to open it in modbin and i'm wary about using Award Bios Editor after what Tmod said.

I'm pretty sure it won't be, and for a start thats a pretty weak PSU for NF4 imo, but Charlie likes to be unconventional :D

Yeah the Q was kinda rhetorical horse4sa.gif maybe that's how he got that user name