Sign in to follow this  
Fezz

DFI: never again

Ok, I know I'll catch a lot of flack for posting this but it's all true so....

THERE IS NO OCing INVOLVED HERE!!!!

I'm on my second DFI UT 250GB, the first one wouldn't detect my harddrives properly so the place I bought it from replaced it after their tech guy confirmed that the board was no good. . happens I know. Here's where I start to get pissed off:If I have ANY two sticks of RAM in the board I got as a replacement then it becomes unstable in SOME aplications (half-life 2, battlefield 2, booting from a norton ghost recovery cd....). at first I thought it was my RAM (OCZ palt rev.2, also my second pair of these because the first pair had a bent heat spreader on one stick and it wouldn't pass memtest 86), but it doesn't matter what kind of RAM i put in the board-with two sticks it'll crash on SOME applications. If I put any one stick in it's perfectly stable, but I'm a designer, i use photoshop and many other RAM hungry apps that run WAY better with lots of RAM, 512 is not enough for me. All of the RAM I have used in this board passes memtest 86, and I used to have this cpu in a Gigabyte board- that I might be going back to! I bought this board so I could OC, but it's not even stable at stock speads so forget that!

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Yes,many many people have experienced these problems. Just take a look around these boards. Consider yourself lucky,mine has cold-boots,no audio,and the Lan doesnt work. :rolleyes: Sorry about your misfortune,this is my last DFi board as well. The worst problem is that I can't sell this motherboard with all of the problems,so I'm just stuck :mad: If you can,RMA your board.

yeap..it also happen to me

after i change to new card from ti4200 to 6600gt

the system run very unstable

espcially for d3d application such as battlefield2 and maya

welp, i flashed the bios today in an atempt to fix my problems and the machine won't POST now....so I threwmy old Gigabyte back in and all is well. Honestly I'm glad the DFI is toast, it gave me nothing but problems.

OK Fezz, I realise that you have had problems with your board, but you are in the minority :) .

The supplier that I tried to buy a DFI board from (Nintek, Australia) discouraged me from buying the LP nF4 sLi DR that I now own and love lol, until I'd joined DFI-Street and done the necessary research. So I did; I did a clean install of XP Pro SP2, and everything worked perfectly from day 1. I chose my complimentary hardware very carefully; I only scrimped a little on my RAM because my dollars dried up :D . Even my RAM, I checked with the guru's and was told it was ok :) .

I'd have to say that my experience of DFI is the usual experience of DFI users.

If you read this forum, you could come up with a negative view of DFI boards. DFI-Street is a support forum though, so you are probably not going to get 'good news' posters here.

You ask: "Has anyone else experienced similar problems?"

Nope, not this happy little DFI customer :)

ricey

Many people in India are dying to get there hands on the DFI Nf4 Ultra-D or SLi-DR

But DFI dont sell there Mobo's in India.

But you people are lucky to get DFI where u stay.

I am dying for a DFI here in India since past 7Months but did not find it anywhere.

Some of my friends got it from US.

And I am another happy DFI Dreamer , dreaming to get my hands on the Ultra-D.

OK Fezz, I realise that you have had problems with your board, but you are in the minority :) .

The supplier that I tried to buy a DFI board from (Nintek, Australia) discouraged me from buying the LP nF4 sLi DR that I now own and love lol, until I'd joined DFI-Street and done the necessary research. So I did; I did a clean install of XP Pro SP2, and everything worked perfectly from day 1. I chose my complimentary hardware very carefully; I only scrimped a little on my RAM because my dollars dried up :D . Even my RAM, I checked with the guru's and was told it was ok :) .

I'd have to say that my experience of DFI is the usual experience of DFI users.

If you read this forum, you could come up with a negative view of DFI boards. DFI-Street is a support forum though, so you are probably not going to get 'good news' posters here.

You ask: "Has anyone else experienced similar problems?"

Nope, not this happy little DFI customer :)

ricey

:shake: :shake: ............... :rolleyes: Its always the users fault,haha can't blame DFi can we? I can't wait until your board has a power surge and takes out your memory. Then who are you going to blame? Trust me you will have a problem,and I can't wait till you do...mahaha hahahahahaa...I fact I hope it happens today :waves hand to curse his DFi board"

lol

lol

lol again

wich slots r u using?

in my nf3 slot 1 and 2 didnt work well

1 3 gave me 240

i stick alone 278

was memtest ok?

i shouldnt be doing this because u just came in here bashing dfi and calling happy dfi owners(like me.....i have 2) dumb.....

if u think its a hardware failure....rma

i have seen msi mobos dying with no aparent reason....asus that wont boot with some mems

of course i had troubles with my first dfi( very noob at the time) but then i got to know this fantastic...overwellming(doubts about the spelling)mobo........

if u dont like it sell to india where they will give a good use of that for sure

see how many dfi-street user are registered....are we all dumb...masochists(doubts on the spelling again)

i think not

sorry for my english but i had to answer to this

see ya

"everybody can buy a guitar....but not everyone can play it...." (quote]

shame that your hating on DFI because you expect so much...sure gigabyte's are better....and that is what they are designed for....being stock...

I disagree with you because Oskar Wu's design skills are much better than those are other companies(why do you think DFI hired him when he was working with Abit after he designed the NF7-S series.....and guess what...now Abit sucks again)