Freezes after driver install

Hello

I have a NF4 Ultra, 3700 san diego, 2x1gb corsair xms3200c2, x800xl 256mb, audigy 2 zs, and a 120gb maxtor ata hard drive. The first time i intalled windows, it blue screened before it formatted my hd. I upped the voltage on the ram, and that seemed to fix the problem. after the install it seemed to be working fine, so i began installing chipset drivers. after restart, it wouldnt boot into windows. i memtested the memory for 12+ hours at 2.5-3-3-7 and it didnt get any errors. memory is in slots 2 and 4. Thinking it had to do with the xp chipset drivers, i tried it with windows 2000. It worked for a while, enough time to get all the service packs, updates, and directx9 installed. once again i tried the nf4 drivers. this time it booted into windows, but would freeze on the desktop (after a little time went by). Any idea what is to blame here? Would a bios flash help me at all?

Also how risky is it to flash if i'm getting random freezes? Any chance it is a hardware related problem (every peice of hardware here is brand new with an exception to my hard drive and dvd burner, which worked perfectly on my previous computer). Thank you very much in advance.

any ideas?

i reinstalled xp pro and was able to install all security updates and the ati drivers. It is running perfectly stable right now. I'm scared to install the nf4 drivers because this has made my computer unable to boot the last 2 times i installed them. help me please

ahh so the old flash should help! that is very promising. I shall give it an attempt and let you know. Should i use the 6/23 on the dfi beta website? also is there a good way to flash from windows with this board because i dont have a floppy. thanks

flashed to 6-23 from the website, and it didn't help. i installed the newest nvidia drivers and crossed my fingers. windows booted right up and i thought i was in the clear, then the mouse stopped moving. a few seconds later i got the BSOD with the message MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR or something of that nature. Looks like i have to start from scratch yet again. but any ideas on how to solve this for the long run? i mean i have to eventually have some chipset and ide drivers so my dvd burner works right? please help

thanks