250GB Windows Boot 250MHZ

not even close, you can run the htt over 2000mhz, which is the stock setting on the dfi (bidirectional 5x200mhz). If you want to run a ridiculously low HT speed, don't use an overclockers board to do it.
Recall that the board in question is an nF3. HTT max on the nF3 250Gb is 800(1600) not 1000(2000) as you so arrogantly assert.

The HT multipliers are a no effect/bad effect choice: hypertransport throughput is sufficient at almost any x setting to not affect ocing, pushing it too hard will yield negative results (been there, done that).

From the LP nF3 250Gb pdf @ DFI:

System Bus

• 1600MT/s HyperTransport interface

Chipset

• nVIDIA® nForce3 250Gb

I had the same problem as Chubby. I had my HDD plugged into the Marvel SATA ports and appearently they're not locked. So when I tried to load into Windows with anything above 240 HTT, it wouldn't go anywhere. So i switched SATA ports, and it worked just fine.

Recall that the board in question is an nF3. HTT max on the nF3 250Gb is 800(1600) not 1000(2000) as you so arrogantly assert.

The HT multipliers are a no effect/bad effect choice: hypertransport throughput is sufficient at almost any x setting to not affect ocing, pushing it too hard will yield negative results (been there, done that).

From the LP nF3 250Gb pdf @ DFI:

System Bus

• 1600MT/s HyperTransport interface

Chipset

• nVIDIA® nForce3 250Gb

:nod: I will say though that I run mine at 315x3x2=1890mhz with no apparent ill effects. Glad I kept the 250gb to play with while this AGP 939 goes through it's "growing pains"...

I do agree that the SATA port may be the cause if yer not running it on channels 3-4...Never did run SATA after I killed my spiffy new Raptor after four hours ;) No problems with PATA. Are those Barracudas even SATA???????

I am using ports 3 & 4. And they are SATA. My back up drive is on 1, maybe that's it, I'll give it a shot. That would also explain why I'm getting a windows check drive screen for that drive on boot. I'll reboot and disconnect that drive.

:nod: I will say though that I run mine at 315x3x2=1890mhz with no apparent ill effects. Glad I kept the 250gb to play with while this AGP 939 goes through it's "growing pains"...
Not-so-old Old Guy, if I were as sharp as you are and running at 315, my HT would be at 1890 also ... what else are you going to do? x2 is a 21% "underclock" and x4 is a 58% "overclock" ... so x3 @ +18% is the sweet spot among your choices.

Not-so-old Old Guy, if I were as sharp as you are and running at 315, my HT would be at 1890 also ... what else are you going to do? x2 is a 21% "underclock" and x4 is a 58% "overclock" ... so x3 @ +18% is the sweet spot among your choices.

Well really no choice with regard to 2X....Doesn't work on my LP 754 250gb and it doesn't work on the new 939 AGP ;)

I can however run 2.5X (with the 250gb, not available on the 939) which would put me in spec...But I saw no difference stability wise going between 2.5X and 3X so I just leave at 3X on either board. One less thing to remember (or forget) when fussin' with the buss... ;)