250GB Windows Boot 250MHZ

OK. I'm obviously missing something here. I can't boot into Windows at 250 HTT. CPU Multi X8, RAM at 333, HTT Trans at X 2 or 3, HTT at 250. Tried upping volatges for CPU, Chipset, Memory, no boot. Mem settings 2-2-10-2, also tried looser settings. Shouldn't make a difference considering FSB/DRAM setting. Can boot at 240MHZ. 245 MHZ no boot, freezes during the Windows screen with the green progress bar at the bottom. A real puzzle to me as everything is set below stock. CPU X 8, DRAM at 333, HTT Trans at X2.

So, what am I missing?

take off whatever ram divider you're using and set the main timings to 2.5-3-3-7/8

setting a divider to try to keep the ram at 2 cas is not worth it. Go ahead and set the HT multiplyer at 4x too. I don't take it off of 4x until around 270. Run the ram 1:1 whenever possible.

take off whatever ram divider you're using and set the main timings to 2.5-3-3-7/8

setting a divider to try to keep the ram at 2 cas is not worth it. Go ahead and set the HT multiplyer at 4x too. I don't take it off of 4x until around 270. Run the ram 1:1 whenever possible.

Putting the ram on a divider has nothing to do with 2 cas or any of the timings. Divider only changes the frequency.

Once you hit 250HTT you need to change the LDT multi to x3. You may get away with it slighlty over but this setting doesn't change performance much. Better to be safe than sorry.

Putting the ram on a divider has nothing to do with 2 cas or any of the timings. Divider only changes the frequency.

dur... OBVIOUSLY the only reason one would set a divider is so that the ram can run on a lower frequency and thus use a lower cas, it seemed much too obvious for me to spell it out for him.

Once you hit 250HTT you need to change the LDT multi to x3. You may get away with it slighlty over but this setting doesn't change performance much.

not even close, you can run the htt over 2000mhz, which is the stock setting on the dfi (bidirectional 5x200mhz). If you want to run a ridiculously low HT speed, don't use an overclockers board to do it.

As for being completely stable and not booting into windows, you've got me, check cpu temps, post your cpu, ldt and chipset voltages and even the ram voltage I guess.

from what I've read here and other places is that as long as its between 1600-2000, there will be no difference in performance. I think it was Angry that said even with this number way down at 1200 didn't make a difference. But many have had problems at anything over 2000, so like I said, better be safe than sorry. And just because it's at a lower frequency doesn't mean you can ever run a lower cas either. My ram for example, won't start up windows or won't be stable with anything lower than 2.5-4-3-7 regardless of the frequency. These are the tightest they get from 100mhz to 280mhz.

Hmm, very odd problem... I guess for now just max the multiplyer and boot at whatever frequency it lets you.

Fire-n-ice... look at his sig. He is using plat rev 2, ram that is MADE TO RUN AT 2-2-2-5. HE SAID HE WAS USING 2-2-2-10 IN HIS FIRST POST. Please, stop clinging to a retarded point. With his ram running around 200 using a divider he could use cas 2 where at 240+ he could not. I could care less if your crap ram can't do cas 2 at stock frequency HIS CAN.

OK. Let's not lose focus here. My Memory is 2-2-2-5 at stock, so the timings is not the issue her,as, with the divider, it's running below stock. And, that's the whole point. Everything is below stock, CPU 250 X 8 = 2GHZ, LDT/FSB Freq Ratio X3 = 750MHZ, Mem divider places it a little lower than 212 which is good, as I can run 220 at 2-2-2-5. What else is there?

Sometimes things will not boot or be stable at below stock. Have you tried stock settings for everything? For example (not the same for everyone I know, but my experience), when I set my (crap) ram to 3-5-5-10, looser timings to try to achieve a higher HTT, it will not run, even if I leave the HTT in the same spot.

Interesting concept. Arrange evrything so it's at stock instead of below. No, I haven't tried that, and, I agree with both of you that computers do crazy things that defy explanation, so I shall try it. But, not tonight. Tonight I shall go get some sleep so that I am ready for a day of experimentation. Good Night.