Sign in to follow this  
RahulM

Battlefield 2 underperforming with 2x6800U SLI, please help

My 3dmark05 score is 9942 with no overclock, meaning that my sli setup is working fine, right? So why does my system struggle to maintain 40FPS in BF2 while others with the same setup get constant 100FPS? If I'm getting this score in 3dmark05, could I safely count out hardware-related problems?

I really don't understand, I've tried with many drivers, 77.30, 77.50, 77.62 and 77.72 and it always gives the same results. Could this be a BIOS problem? Would flashing it help? The settings I use for BF2 are: 1600x1200, everything on high, 4xAA, 8xAF.

See if there is a firmware update for the video cards. You also might want to see if there is a new BIOS out for the LP UT NF4 SLI-DR.

Is it a difficult process to flash the video card and BIOS?

Would the current BIOS settings be overwritten?

Also @ 1600 x 1200 there is a considerable performance hit. Do this: Start the game, make sure all settings are where you want them(video)> close out the game> Go to My Documents>BF2>Mods>BF2>Cache: in this folder, delete everything in there and restart the game. See if this might help.

If you have already done this, then I'm no help!! :)

-Freez

Good Luck

just read an anantech review (now my only knowledge here lol) .. but I was surprised how some res/settings were geared for - low end, mid and high end. I think your setup is upper mid, but there were still options in that game that your system would not run well (based on what I read???)

Check your res, and those aa thingies!!

I know ya love my expertise here huh .... got to start learning this stuff.. so starting to poke my noise in here

I'm having the same issue.. are you getting a Nvidia Power sentinal popup saying its dropping the performance levels to prevent damage to the cards???

I go from 370 core, 1000mem stock down to 201 core and like 599mem!!!!???!

I have plenty of power I know

I'm running dual BFG 6800 GT's... if yall figure this out I'll personnally come to your house and take out your trash!

No, I'm not getting those popups.

What are you experiencing, sava? Gimme some details. Perhaps we can isolate the cause of the problem. Could it be our mobo?

His pop up problem is because he didn't plug the powersupply rail for the video card... Thats what the pop up is.

As for the performance bottleneck, consider this. Our card is way too new, they have less than 1.5 percent user that uses our cards... I'm not joking, 1.5 percent is actually an over estimate.. Considering VALVE's statistic only contain 2 percent of 6800 out of all the gamers playing their games.... Valve = largest PC FPS game developer period. With that said... Give it some time before the software developers actually do something to support it. Even the video card company won't fully support the software aspect because they have too few customer for that type of hardware.

Thats one thing with your video card, the other thing is memory speed and CPU. I find that you can get way better performance if you overclock properly under a stable condition.

Believe me I know how you feel, because thats my case for CS:source. I should be getting no less than 85 fps consistently, but it drops to 60 in 32 man server during action or by the window of cs_office.

His pop up problem is because he didn't plug the powersupply rail for the video card... Thats what the pop up is.

Both PCI power supply hook ups are connected to both cards so this is not the issue.. only thing I can come up with is that little floppy connector spot on the mobo below the processor and above the first pci slot.