Sign in to follow this  
Pihrana

Overclocking Results in !!

dat's quite a bold statement to make.. r u getting this off just ur bios or some program?.. temp sensor on any particular mobo is just crap.. hope u have least one temp sensor in ur rig... one condition for air to be able to compete w/ water is when ambient temp is real low around 10-15c.. perhaps ur idle might be around those w/ water.. but under full load w/ longetivity.. a good water copper block will blow away any air away..

So if my temp sensors on air are crap, then what changes those same crappy sensors that everyone else has on water?? My load temps are right around 46 or so, which is what a friend of mine on water is at on idle!!

Another bold statement. lol

-Freez

Water and electricity in the same vicinty is just asking for it. Not tying to dis on water but I really think it's the most overpriced way to cool a setup. Just imho.

Depends on if you value silence or not. I for one sleep in the same room as my comp, and something like a delta would kill me. But a waterchill @ 7v keeps the cpu at 43C max load and is inaudible, just perfect for me.

Depends on if you value silence or not. I for one sleep in the same room as my comp, and something like a delta would kill me. But a waterchill @ 7v keeps the cpu at 43C max load and is inaudible, just perfect for me.

That is/would be the only reason for me purchasing one. But I don't think that will happen for a while now, and maybe never, just prolly end up making my own. :)

Hmmm, it seems people are worried for me !!

Once i get home from work i will install smartguardian and get a true grasp of my System and CPU temps (i think i also have MBM5 somewhere which i will try)

Ntune is coming off !! Ive not used it for anything other than the System monitor so it shouldnt have done any harm, and it will be deleted later.

The last thing is to see what voltage allows me to maintain a stable OC. The reason im at Default with 123% Special CPU VID is because it wasnt stable without it !! Looks like im gonna have to settle for 2.5Ghz or possibly less !!

Will update you later !!

Damn that alot of voltage for your venice 3200+ at 2,6ghz =/, mine is running 2,6ghz at 1,425 V :)

I'm pretty sure THermalright's XP-120 scores a C/W value of around 0.2 even with fairly low speed fans. I think that puts it around the same level as watercooling and is pretty damn near as quiet and quite a bit cheaper.

Do a google search for ITE smarguardian, or go to dfi's official site (www.dfi.com.tw) and look for the NF4 Ultra-D page and check the drivers link on the left. It should be available there.

OK will do. Ivfe adjusted some settings now anyways. Im on Auto VID CPU voltage, and using the VID CPU Special Voltage setting of 113% which puts it around 1.6V ???

Ive de-installed nTune so i cant check other than to drop into the bios (which i havent done yet)

Anyways so far so good. Although ive not tested for REAL stability as i havent had time !!

Update, at Auto and 113% settings it wasnt stable even in Windows. After 30 mins of downloading my machine froze !!

Ive got Smartguardian installed and im running at Auto with 113% Special VID CPU setting on 2.4Ghz.

According to Smartguardian my CPU is at 32 Deg C, my PWMIC is at 41 Deg C and my CHIPSET is at 42 Deg C !!

CPU voltage is at 1.6V and RAM is at 2.9V !! LDT Bus is at 1.2V !!

So how does this compare to others !!! I was running the 2.6Ghz @ 1.78V (or however much it was) for over 24 hours and it was completely stable ! Temps were a little unknown but is Smartguardian reliable ?? If so then my CPU is cool !! If not then who knows !! ??

Need some sort of guidance here !!

How it compares to others? It's a moderate overclock with dangerously much voltage.

Have you done any prime95/OCCT/memtest stability-testing? Your temps while under 100% load? Seriously, the readme's and stickys are there for a reason, check them out.