Ultra-D power delay

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was stable from the beginning why bother with it? It's just a small delay. Now you've screwed it all up. After reading this thread it just sounds like a minor inconvenience, or just the way the PSU circuitry is. I've seen those NeoPower's power some crazy system's before....it's defo. not the PSU unless it's DOA.

Also, why do you keep turning your PSU off?! You're going to wear out your CMOS Battery within a month.

Just put everything back to the way it was, (Hardware, BIOS, etc) and see how it work's.

It's just a delay! You said the system was workin great!

When you turn off your power supply (at the back) the only thing that happens is that the +5SB (StandBy) voltage goes away. The +5SB powers USB devices (if enabled in the BIOS) and other items that require power (restart circuitry, WOL, etc). If you have USB devices powerd off of your PC and your +5SB output is weak/low, this might explain the delay. Try unplugging as many USB devices as you can, maybe leaving only the keyboard attached. If you have a PS/2 mouse and keyboard, switch to those for a test.

And the previous poster has a point - your backup battery will drain faster without +5SB up.

sluggo

Ok Hellomoto, I misread your first thread. So the delay is from powering up PSU?

So basicly all is still the same. As to bios 510-2 vs 310. Stick with 510-2. I does play better with Corsair. As to your ram timing. Is that the default set by bios?

Yes, the delay is from the PSU. Basically I turn on the PSU from the back and then I try and turn on the computer from the power button on the front of my case. When I try and turn it on from the front, I get nothing. I have to wait like 30 seconds before I can try again and that seems to work fine.

I have a printer and my mouse connected to USB. Should I disconnect those? Is there anything else I should do with concern to the +5 volts in the BIOS?

I just don't understand why it could be a memory problem if i am having in problems in windows at all.

Yes, the delay is from the PSU. Basically I turn on the PSU from the back and then I try and turn on the computer from the power button on the front of my case. When I try and turn it on from the front, I get nothing. I have to wait like 30 seconds before I can try again and that seems to work fine.

I have a printer and my mouse connected to USB. Should I disconnect those? Is there anything else I should do with concern to the +5 volts in the BIOS?

I just don't understand why it could be a memory problem if i am having in problems in windows at all.

This is the +5VSB (Stand By) not the main +5V rail.

Try without any USB divices attached.

Yes, disconnect the printer and mouse and try the same test. Turn power off at the back, disconnect the USB devices, turn power back on at the back, then see if you still have a delay in being able to boot.

The +5 Voltage listed in the BIOS not the concern here. The +5SB is a different 5 Volt supply that is always up when your power is "on" (it's plugged into the wall and the switch in the back is on). This is not an adjustable voltage. Some power supplies are able to deliver more current on this voltage than others, and if there's a problem with your supply's +5SB then unplugging the USB devices may alleviate the problem.

What kind of printer is it?

sluggo

Morning all,

Well I've disconnected all USB devices and the problem still occurs.

I have noticed that the orange LED very much slowly comes on. And the then it's fully bright I can turn on the computer.