Which PSU is better?

Guest Slack_merged

Guest Slack

Quick question,

Which PSU would be better for me to run a SLi-D mobo with 2x BFG 7800 GTX OCs on.

The tried and tested OCZ Powerstream 520w;

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/powe...am_power_supply

or

This Enermax 600w SLi cert'd one?

http://www.enermax.com.tw/products_page.ph...&Gid=18&Gid2=45

Now, I know a lot of people like the OCZ stuff... but is the Enermax one better spec?

Cheers :D

Hi

read this thread by David Hammock , the psu god.

Edit: please make a detailed sig; read "The Rules" . Have a look at my sig or kempez' sig to get an idea of the sort of info that is needed if people are going to be able to make informed recommendations to you :) . If your rig is only a plan atm, call it 'planned rig' or something lol

Cheers,

ricey

Guest Slack
Edit: please make a detailed sig; read "The Rules" .

Cheers guys.

As for sig... yeah, one day... not today, or at least not until I have ordered my stuff!!

Edit: read the rules and it doesn't say a signature is mandatory... so I would have though the equipment I listed in my original post would have been enough info.

Thanks!

Cheers guys.

As for sig... yeah, one day... not today, or at least not until I have ordered my stuff!!

Edit: read the rules and it doesn't say a signature is mandatory... so I would have though the equipment I listed in my original post would have been enough info.

Thanks!

Well I was about to give U some advice but... ... ...

Oh what the heck I can say it anyways. Id get the OCZ 600... at least based on what I believe (U have no sig.) would go into that machine with those GCs.

Well I was about to give U some advice but... ... ...

Oh what the heck I can say it anyways. Id get the OCZ 600... at least based on what I believe (U have no sig.) would go into that machine with those GCs.

Slack should not be so slack.

ricey

you guys make it sound like you cant do . for anyone unless they have a sig with detailed info.

he actually gave everyone here all the info they needed to know to help him.

his mobo

what video cards

and the fact he is running SLI

he is just askign for advice. he entire system specs arent really needed. maybe if he is running SLI, it would be worth mentioning, but to have everyone and thier crapking mother hound the guy to make a sig is kinda stupid.

how about just answering his question, and mention that he needs to make a sig for future posts.

i have seen countless times when a admin or some other noob who only joined this site last week will post just to say you need to make a sig. they dont offer any kind of help, or try to.

anyways

you guys make it sound like you cant do . for anyone unless they have a sig with detailed info.

he actually gave everyone here all the info they needed to know to help him.

his mobo

what video cards

and the fact he is running SLI

he is just askign for advice. he entire system specs arent really needed. maybe if he is running SLI, it would be worth mentioning, but to have everyone and thier crapking mother hound the guy to make a sig is kinda stupid.

how about just answering his question, and mention that he needs to make a sig for future posts.

i have seen countless times when a admin or some other noob who only joined this site last week will post just to say you need to make a sig. they dont offer any kind of help, or try to.

anyways

get a life :)

Sheesh, what is your problem?

"how about just answering his question, and mention that he needs to make a sig for future posts."

Chill, that's what I did! Re-read the thread, take your Vallium, and have a good lie down.

ricey

Also there is a thing or two in a sig that says more then what we got to know.

What other things does he want to run 4*SATA2 for example for what will he be using it, will he be overclocking will he be using the 4V option and so on. And then to be honest what triggered me was not that he had no sig but that he answered the way he did. Therefor I answered the way I did (includin advice). Will he be running a VAPO on that PSU as well is another good quesion.

Quick question,

Which PSU would be better for me to run a SLi-D mobo with 2x BFG 7800 GTX OCs on.

The tried and tested OCZ Powerstream 520w;

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/powe...am_power_supply

or

This Enermax 600w SLi cert'd one?

http://www.enermax.com.tw/products_page.ph...&Gid=18&Gid2=45

Now, I know a lot of people like the OCZ stuff... but is the Enermax one better spec?

Cheers :D

Back on topic.

They are both very good PSU's.

On paper the Enermax is better, but OCZ PWNS customer service.

If I was buying it for my PC, it would be the OCZ.

Dave ;)

Guest Slack
Slack should not be so slack.

ricey

:rolleyes:"F- Must try harder."

Wow, Thanks for the advise / abuse everyone.

For a 1st post on a forum, this is the biggest response I have ever had... shame half of it is crap :D

Yeah, I will do a sig, soon... but I did put all the stuff that was important on my post... if I was gonna raid up 4 SATAs or water cool off of that PSU then i would of mentioned it... maybe some people wouldn't have thought to but not all noobs to this forum are noobs to computing.

Anyways, on the strength of what was said here I went with the OCZ 520w PowerStream. The OCZ 600w did look good but the 50% extra costs was too much for the minimal power gain that in reality, I may naver need. Chances are, buy the time i next need to upgrade, PSU technology will have changed so much that even the 600w OCZ will be out of date.

Anyways, I shall look forward to building my new PC and creating a signature for here. Who knows, maybe I can offer you guys some advise soon!

Cheers - Slack