SCSI + DFI nF3 Ultra-D problems

Hi!

I just bought a DFI nF3 Ultra-D board and having problems with SCSI in it. Everything worked just fine wuth my infinity but this new board won't boot SCSI no matter what. My scsi card is LSI, if I unplug the drives from it BIOS gieves me an option to boot from SYMxxx (which is the card), if I plug my drives in they do appear in Hard Disk Boot Priority. If I try to boot from SCSi computer reboots, if SCSI is enabled and I try to boot from CD computer freezes, if I disable scsi CD boots just fine.

The whole setup is just mobo+3200+ati card+scsi controller/drive, I am just trying to install OS on the drive but so far can't get scsi working :(

Could anyone help?

Thanks

if you read the top sticky about the 939 AGP board then you'd see there are all kinds of problems with it.

personally, I'd get rid of it and go with the socket 754 NF3 or the socket 939 NF4 or another brand of board that would work with your hardware

if you read the top sticky about the 939 AGP board then you'd see there are all kinds of problems with it.

personally, I'd get rid of it and go with the socket 754 NF3 or the socket 939 NF4 or another brand of board that would work with your hardware

I already have socket 939 cpu and I have AGP card that I don't really want to exchange, so it was either MSI or DFI and stupid me I went with DFI :(

i would definitely try the MSI board...it has been out for months and pretty much every problem they have had with it has been fixed with a bios update. who knows how long that might take on the DFI board.

Thanks, I'll see if I can sell this one :(

• 9 months later...

Hey Vladislav,

I have exactly the same problem, I can't boot from my SCSI HD drive.

I have a tekram DC 390U3 with LSI chipset.

So do you have finally solved the problem?

Thanks in advance.