Hurricane Dennis - Say a prayer for us!

red930

Listen, I feel for all of you guys down there, please do not get me wrong when I say this, but why do people live there when they know almost without a doubt that hurricanes will happen?? This is one thing that I don't understand. I hope noone thinks I'm being rude because I mean none from the question, but why doesn't the government just make that area like a National Hurricane Landmark.

God Bless all of you though. Thats gotta suck to rebuild your house every year or so.

-Freez

what a lot of people do here in the "north country" (white mtns of new hampshire) is reside here in the summer months, then move down to florida to stay for the winter months. that doesn't alleviate the fact that their property could still get damaged by hurricanes though.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a lot of people do here in the "north country" (white mtns of new hampshire) is reside here in the summer months, then move down to florida to stay for the winter months. that doesn't alleviate the fact that their property could still get damaged by hurricanes though.

Yea thats true, but that would be about the only reason I would buy property down there. But what about the year round livers. Just something I can't quite comprehend. Crazy I tell ya.

-Freez

Yea thats true, but that would be about the only reason I would buy property down there. But what about the year round livers. Just something I can't quite comprehend. Crazy I tell ya.

-Freez

anymore, these days, it certainly seems to be, doesn't it.

We all have to live somewhere. California and Alaska have earthquakes, the Midwest has tornadoes, New England has blizzards and we have hurricanes.

Hurricanes are one of the few natural disasters that you can get out of the way of. That point alone makes them worth dealing with.

You can always buy new things to replace what gets damaged. You only have one life.

-Freez

• 3 months later...
During hurricane frances or that other one, I was sitting in the car bored as the wind was blowing and then suddenly I hear a loud cracking sound and think "uh-oh" and a huge branch falls and just barely touches the trunk of car. Then I walk in the house shivering.

Hey I just realised I have some pictures of the branch, but the car was moved before

I got to take any pictures.

This is the tree where it fell from:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2606&stc=1

This is the part which tore off:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2607&stc=1

This is the lawn covered with the branch(es):

attachment.php?attachmentid=2608&stc=1

This is where the car was:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2610&stc=1

This is the car:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2611&stc=1

the car only got touched by the twiggy parts of the branch, You butt you can see there are little leaves all over the car.

Btw does anyone know a good free image host I can upload images to?

Missed it by that much! That's a close call!

My work car got over $3,000.00 worth of damage from Katrina in the front yard. I only paid $2,000.00 for the car three years ago. lol

I would have gotten more but they stopped at 65% of the value before they total it.

The shingles from roofs cut through the paint all the way into the metal. Not one single panel on the car escaped damage.

The windshield and rear window have deep scratches. The rest of the windows are scratched but I can live with that. I'll replace the windshield and possibly the rear window but it's just a work car.