Hurricane Dennis - Say a prayer for us!

red930

You guys in the forum might want to say a prayer for us Gulf Coast dwellers.

Looks like Hurricane Dennis is heading right for us.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_a...1359.shtml?5day

Me and Cobia69 are only a few miles west of the Mississippi/Alabama state line.

Playah and a few others are right in the path of this monter also.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High ground isn't the problem here. I'm 26 feet above sea level. I can handle the no electricity thing pretty good. It's the lack of running water that gets old after about four days.

I lived in Baton Rouge in '92 when Andrew came through. The water was the worst part. No indoor plumbing. No hot shower or bath. We got clean water after four days but power was out for a week. It was amazing how much better the quality of life was once the water came back.

We may head west to get away from the destruction. I still have a house in Baton Rouge that my baby sister lives in.

You can click this link and look at the graphics or read the advisories to keep up to date on the storm.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

They have a ton of info on the page but I pay most attention to the Public Advisory, Discussion and Warnings and 5-Day Cone graphic. It's a shame but I have a personal preference for some of the forecasters. You feel like you know them after tracking storms over the years.

Forecaster Avilla predicts Dennis will be a Category 4 by the time it makes landfall on the Gulf Coast.

will do, any idea what it might strengthen to?

Everyone in the path of Dennis has my prayers Bro. Just make sure you, and your family, get to someplace safe. I don't want to hear stories about you strapping a saddle to the roof of your house to ride out the storm. We would then have to label you a Redneck! ;)

26 whole feet! wow ... ok big relief, we don't have to worry about ExRoadie ... :confused: :( :eek: :eek2:

I say, looking out at Timpanogos mountain (10,520') from my house at 5620'

God Bless all, hope it blows by ya.

Chad

High ground isn't the problem here. I'm 26 feet above sea level. I can handle the no electricity thing pretty good. It's the lack of running water that gets old after about four days.

I lived in Baton Rouge in '92 when Andrew came through. The water was the worst part. No indoor plumbing. No hot shower or bath. We got clean water after four days but power was out for a week. It was amazing how much better the quality of life was once the water came back.

We may head west to get away from the destruction. I still have a house in Baton Rouge that my baby sister lives in.

Well that's not fun...may be too late but, back in my Army days, we would rig up a solar heated shower when out in the field. We took a 5 gallon black rubber bladder, filled it with water, and attached a shower head to it. Kept it exposed to the sun all day. It was enough for us to get wet, leather up, and rinse off.

Prayers said, hoping you all remain safe and don't realize significant damage.

Hopefully one of these :angel: watching over you all.

. like this just doesn't sound good..

"DENNIS IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE TOTAL RAINFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO

10 INCHES OVER SOUTHERN HISPANIOLA...JAMAICA...EASTERN CUBA...AND

THE CAYMAN ISLANDS. ISOLATED MAXIMUM AMOUNTS OF 15 INCHES ARE

POSSIBLE OVER THE MOUNTAINOUS TERRAIN OF JAMAICA. THESE RAINS

COULD PRODUCE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS AND MUD SLIDES."