Good Power Supply For Overclocker?

I am about to get a new Power supply b/c right now i have a generic 300W and I think it is to weak for my system when i overclock it. I also plan on getting powerful video card down the road, and a water cooling kit. So right now I was thinking of getting an Antec 550W true power p/s. I have read reviews and it seems pretty awesome, i found it for $96 at pricewatch.com. I just want to know what u guys think , the only thing i think is not extremely high performance about it , is that it has 2 fans, where some of the bigger p/s have 3 fans. Do you guys think this p/s will still kick . for me? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hey:

Thats a nice PSu... It gets good reviews and I've seen guys here brag about them.... For the money it's a good thing.... If you really want the best get power and cooling, it's about 200 for a 510w but it will run cicles around that 550 in true output and it's stable to 1% vs. 5% for most others.. I have a power and cooling with adjustable pots, it's sweet,, the pots are an extra 100 bucks so it just depends on how much you want to dig.

Ok thanks for the info guys, here are my two replies/questions...

I appreciate the idea of getting that really good p/s but i definately dont want to spend $200, so that is out of the question for me.

And for Creager- are there any disadvantages of the 550w compared to the 430W?

Thanks guys

are there any disadvantages of the 550w compared to the 430W?

If you get the same model then the only disadvantage is the price. A high-end 430watt PSU is better than a low end 550W however. I would recommend Antec's TruePower series as well...a 430W true power is enough juice for most people. They do have higher capacity models though, check them out http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_powerSupply.html

Ok thanks Syneeze!

I have just temporarily changed my plans though,

i found a really sweet case for about $58 it is an x-dreamer , it comes with a 350W channel well power supply , which I looked up, and it is somewhat respectable p/s. I know it isnt high performance p/s , but it has to be alot better than the generic 300W i have now. So i will try this one out, and down the road get a good Antec. I think the case alone is worth the $58 so i consider the p/s a freebie!