Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joalaielna_merged

Karajan wont fit in shark case.

Guest Joalaielna

As the title says, my module wont fit because my 120mm fan is in the way.

well you would think i could just leave it out because i am using an audigy2 zs but i was hoping to hook up the mic and headphone plugs in the front of my case.

The front hookups are on the karajan module itelf and since the audigy doesn't have hookups for these i need to install it.

One of the reasons i bought this case is because i could have the front door closed and still use the mic and headphone plugs.

If i can't get it working it's not that big a deal but if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it. thanks.

Also, i know dfi doesn't support windowz 64bit addition yet. but when it does will we see a boost in performance at all? Just A thought, thanks

It also does not fit with CoolerMaster Stacker.

I'm going to try on Thermaltake Armor in a few days from now.

I like the idea of Karajan, but in real life, i did not see the advantages of it (like, noise reduction), and it is not that good. There is the compatibility problem with some cases, the Karajan bends a little bit a capacitor in my NF4-D...

Hopefully DFI will make a better thing sometime...

Guest Joalaielna

you have to bend a capacitor on the sli-dr also, i thought i was installing it wrong at first. But i guess they cramed as much as they could on there. The more the marrier. he he

Guest area51

Does not work on the Coolermaster Centurion either...I was irritated at first but hell it is not like I use built in audio anyway (lowers my fps!) My only continued gripe is that as Joalaielna noted above the front audio hookups are on the module...which does not fit in my case...which means I am sKrew-ed for front hookups.

So if you hook up to the Karajan module you will still be using your audigy sound card? I thought you had to hook up to the audigy. Does having to go from the Karajan all the way down to the sound card hurt performance any?

But even if not I would prefer hooking up to the audigy because it has gold connectors for better connection.

Guest Joalaielna

I would hook my system speakers up to my audigy, but only have the karajan hooked up for when i want to plug my headphones into the front of my case. So 80% of the time i use audigy, and then the other 20% i would switch over to the onboard for headphone use. this way i dont have to reach behind my case, unplug my speakers and hook up the headphones.

I was a little confused by your post :confused:

So if you hook up to the Karajan module you will still be using your audigy sound card? I thought you had to hook up to the audigy. Does having to go from the Karajan all the way down to the sound card hurt performance any?

But even if not I would prefer hooking up to the audigy because it has gold connectors for better connection.

i think i may have answered, or cleared up what i was trying to do.

I just cut the fan shroud/body with a serrated knife (only needed a 2 millimeter by 4 millimeter slot) to make it fit in the CM case.

Fans are cheap... *(and replaceable) as long as the blades dont touch it, you can cut away as much of the rest of the fan as needed.

it does work with the coolermaster stacker but is an incredibly tight fit....

anyway come tomorrow it's coming out and the audigy will be in there :)

Guest Joalaielna

I really don't feel like cutting my fan, it's a brand new case.

I have the same case, and I was able to fit it in, just gotta becareful that's all. I even have the 120 mm aquagate installed, it's tight.

I really don't feel like cutting my fan, it's a brand new case.

You are not cutting the case, you're cutting the fan, fans are dimea dozen they are very cheap, if you mess it up you can always replace it, and you won't hurt it by shaving it a little to make room. Don't worry go for it.

Guest DrAgO
It also does not fit with CoolerMaster Stacker.

I'm going to try on Thermaltake Armor in a few days from now.

I like the idea of Karajan, but in real life, i did not see the advantages of it (like, noise reduction), and it is not that good. There is the compatibility problem with some cases, the Karajan bends a little bit a capacitor in my NF4-D...

Hopefully DFI will make a better thing sometime...

I got it in on the armor case