Giveaway For Our Folding@home Members!

Bosco

man I wish I had seen this thread sooner. I just got moved into my new house. First tim home owner here. and I just got my boxes and Rack up and running. and since it's summer time not many computer at the schools are turned on. so I just ran out and turned on 2 labs to start some movment. how long have we got, hopefully into sept maybe? sorry for my slow down, my output will rise again soon :)

It will probably be October sometime, to give new users time to catch up with you guys :) I'll have a set date, here soon though.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be a nice birthday present for me w00t! and linux maybe just give every one over 2000 an entry maybe. that would be more fair i mean my wippy 1 or 2 against gurus 11 i mean come on thats not fair. if everyone who had maybe 5000 maybe just make it a fair number.

that would be a nice birthday present for me w00t! and linux maybe just give every one over 2000 an entry maybe. that would be more fair i mean my wippy 1 or 2 against gurus 11 i mean come on thats not fair. if everyone who had maybe 5000 maybe just make it a fair number.

yeah but then think about this, the people with the higher f@h score have also put a lot more effort into getting f@h running on as many computers as they can. I think it is fair.

I'm gonna catch up to all you people with a billion WU's after school starts again. I'm a tech. student so I can set F@H up on the school's 11 servers (we even have a game server :P ) and then i'll get it set up in our main lab (45 computers). Thats all I know i'm allowed to set it up on so far. I'm trying to get permission to set it up on the mid high lap (35 computers) and the elementary lab (25 computers). Then i'll catch up to all you guys!!!

dang.. i wish my network at work had public i-net access...

74 machines

------

3.1ghz hyperthreading

2gb rd800

pny ti 4800

dual gigE

wd se 120gig

seagate cheetah 15k 37gig ultra320

mix of

win2k pro

linux 2.4.20 -cpu affinity

and the few dell xeon systems... dual 3.1 ;)

wouldnt take long to get my 23149861234 entries

Edited by bandwith

dang.. i wish my network at work had public i-net access...

74 machines

------

3.1ghz hyperthreading

2gb rd800

pny ti 4800

dual gigE

wd se 120gig

seagate cheetah 15k 37gig ultra320

mix of

win2k pro

linux 2.4.20 -cpu affinity

and the few dell xeon systems... dual 3.1 ;)

wouldnt take long to get my 23149861234 entries

hrm.. Do you have any internet access at work? If so, install some wireless cards in the boxes and give them internet access that way, if you're the admin of the place :)

you think that's bad. I work for MS in an office where all we do is hardware compatibility testing. and we have itanium2's in there, P5's just arrived this week, opterons, athlon 64's and all kinds of other cool toys in there. too bad they won't let us hook them up to the web at all

hrm.. Do you have any internet access at work? If so, install some wireless cards in the boxes and give them internet access that way, if you're the admin of the place :)

well all the machines have 2 gigE cards in them.. but they're only on a private network. :(