Overclocking my X800XL

PSS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My max core is 439, errorless for 168 minutes. So my overclock on this card is 435/540. I really dont thik its worth it for 3-5 frames so I'm running it at stock.

That seems to be about the limit for the X800XL. Mine is 440/550 (1100) - although I really didn't notice a large enough increase in performance to justify overlocking it. It runs everything smooth as butter anyway.

Using ATI Tool i ran 'Find Max Core' for around 3 hours and it ran without errors for about 1.5 hours @ 429.30 then i got sick of waiting to see if it would finalize a speed and ran 'Find Max Mem' for 4+ hours and it got to 537.30 and every 90 minutes or so it would error and start again.

Does this program actually pick a core speed which it deems stable, or does it run these tests infintely (sp?)?

I want to get the Arctic Colling ATI Silencer 5 Rev 2. Right now i am using the bottom PCIe 16x slot (moved it down there when installing the HS) But since i am using my two regular PCI slots (SB Audigy 2 and LAN [i have issues with the onboard ethernet ports]); i will have no room to install the Cooler in this configuration and will have to use the uppermost PCIe 16x slot which will come very close to the heat pipes of the XP-120. I need to know if anyone else is using this in a similar setup and exactly how high the passive sinks will come so as not to contact the heatpipes. I also have an annoying out of the way usb 2.0 cable that has to get through that area to a front panel so any room will be good room.