Canada Has Lkeaglized Weed.

General912

Currently 5 states have laws pertaining to medical use of Marijuana, however federal laws haven't changed yet.The Surgeon General of the US

has deetermined that there is no valid medical use. All is not lost though there is currently a challange in court by a California city goverment

(sorry can't recall which one right now) this challange will probably go to the Supreme court.The reason being states right of self determination under the bill of rights.We have the right to pass state laws and the federal goverment cannot over rule something that is not overtly un-constitutional.Other high courts have ruled that the benifit of the drug use outweighs the law because suffering has been alleviated.

We all deserve "Humane laws" for our selves, friends, family & loved ones.

I never worried about dying people getting addicted to anything, that doesn't make any sense when I hear a politician say that they are.

When I do hear it I think who the heck elected you and what can I do to get you replaced by someone that really cares?

3 states that have Laws that I remember, California, Arizona, Oregon ....... there are a couple more can't recall now

Well Canada has decriminalised not legalized marijuana

This means that if your caught smoking or carying less than an ounce

you will only get a fine 100$ Cad I think no prison and no criminal record

If you have more than an ounce you will go to jail and get a crminal record

and I think that US citizens caught with pot will be deported no matter what amount they carry

sorry folks but the Northen light and Pluto is only for us :lol:

It's a small step for the Canadian gov but it's a step in the right direction IMO

• 3 weeks later...

lol Weed is decriminalized for everyone not just medical uses *lives in canada and does weed*

all the cops can do is give you a fine for 3 grams and under. Anything above that is considered a traffik which falls under another law. The cops arent not able to take your marijuanna from you and they cannot arrest you. That applys for 3 grams and less. Which all of us know is enough to get you and 3-4 other people stoned.

Edited by Newb_ocer