Oc Amd 2500+ Any Luck?

beavis

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yap it was the memory. I just ordered another stick of Geil from OC systems. Very good place to buy from. Now I have a 200*11 running at 53-55C (guess 130-140F). Thank you all for your input you guys are GENIUSES (or have no life just like me) ;)

great! .. always good when everything is working. what kind of hs/fan you have? and what voltage are you running for 11 x 200? you might in the future look into a better hs/fan and ventilation if you dont already have it. might bring your heat down. my amd 2500 when running at 11 x 200 (1.75v) barely gets over 40c.. but still 50+ isnt bad. i have a coolermaster revo (sp) which i got for $40... couple days later though www.xoxide.com had a special and was selling it for 20 something. but i think that special is over.. :( anyways just some advice for future upgrades..

ohh and here is a pic of that hs/blower i have.. for the price i think its a great performer.

and what are your temps at 2390mhz? i can get mine to 2350mhz stable 1.85v with 46-50c temps. think i could break 2400mhz if i up the voltage some more but am limited with my currect BIOS.

anyone know which BIOS for my asus a7n8x allows higher voltage changes?.. i though it would just be the latest version but it isn't.. i have the 2.0 version board. any info will be apreciated thanks..

i don't think you want to go any higher with voltage as you risk severe damage. i get like 32-35 bios idle temps and under asus pcprobe 35-44 (only got up to 44 once so far,usual at 42 under full load) full load temps.

innovatek watercooling

I am only runnin at 2.08ghz right now since i had to rma my pc3200 ram and am running my pc2100 untill it comes back :(:(

the red led lights on corner of my Geil golden dragon dual channel set was missing from one stick and damaged on the other when i got it this week. I finally decied to rma it in case their is more damage than the naked eye can see. it costs me like 6 bucks to ship but the worst is waiting for it to come back hopefully it will be good set of sticks this time. anyone here rma with newegg before are they quick and efficient about it. i ordered tons of stuff from them but never had to send anything back to them before

newegg rma is the best... call them the day they recieve your RMA and i have always had my stuff sent back same day they recieve it. but i dont think 1.9 & 2.0 is too much of a voltage increase with better then stock cooling. voltage increases heat and in turn that is when you can fry your chip. but as long as you keep a good eye on your temps i feel you should be fine. i feel once your getting 55 c temps you should chill out.. but that just imao..

the last time i checked there were some uber bioses out for the a7n8x deluxe that allowed other options like changing the VDD voltage, but many people that used it and checked the actual voltage w/a multi meter found that the option for increasing the VDD voltage didn't do anything (this was when rev1.04 and 1.06 were out. not sure if the options do anything for the rev2.0s or not). i don't remember there being an option to increase your vcore, although this may have changed. otherwise you'll have to a voltage mod, which is fairly easy. i'll save you all the long post. if you find out that you need to do a voltage mod to get a higher vcore, i'll post a couple sites that have some good pictures and instructions to follow. and links for getting the right size smd (surface mount device) grabber, etc. if i happen to come by the latest uber bios and find anything useful, i'll post back (i have some other things i want to do right now so this won't be my first priority, but i will try to get to it eventually. you might want to do a search and see what you can find.)

p.s: heres a search that might give ya what you need. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-...G=Google+Search

nForcersHQ.com might be a good place to look. for some reason the page was going really slowly. not sure where the problem is but you can check and see what you can find. just to get ya started.

so far i have found latest Uber bios which is for rev2.0 1005, but it is in spanish. i haven't found any that recent in english yet possibly could find it at nForcersHQ.com but can't seem to get their site to load. here is the spanish one for people that don't mind and/or can read in spanish.

http://xtremenews.net/modules.php?name=Dow...er_Rev_2.0_1005

and here is one more site that is english that is dedicated a7n8x mobos.

http://www.a7n8x.com/index.php

Edited by Trakfast11

cool thanks man.. but a7v8x deluxe does have v vore increase options. default is 1.6 something and you can take it to 1.875 or 1.850v i think. which is fine for now.. im just going to have to go back to some review pages of the a7v8x to see where i can get the BIOS updates that allow that... although i am happy with what i have. i know most good o/c of the Barton are at a 2.2 v .. i dont want to run 2.2 with air cooling but 2.0 would be fine i believe as long as i am keeping an eye on my temps which seem to be running fine. but thanks for the input.

sorry about that. i know that you have the option to increase your vcore.

i don't remember there being an option to increase your vcore, although this may have changed.

my fault though, should have been more clear. all of the bioses for the a7n8x allow you to increase the vcore. i meant that i wasn't sure if the uber bios would give you higher vcore options than the normal new bios.

and now i'm beginning to wonder if we are talkign about differnt boards since you said a7v8x which is different from a7n8x. i must have been confused on what mobo you were talking about. i know a lot more about the a7n8x than the v8x. not sure of any uber bioses for the v8x, but i've never looked either. you might want to change the search. the search on the previous page is for the a7n8x. sorry about the confusion. gl to ya.

i wasnt paying attention it is the a7n8x. im trying to find the review that said there was a bios for increasing the v above 1.8v. cant find it :( lol but i clearly remember reading it, it could had been wrong though.

i understand though your first statement :) anyways i will post if i find that review.. later

Edited by C0DE

well I have the same setup, the only difference is my samsung memory held up a little better than yours.....I am currently at 11.5X200=2.31ghz, i am pleased with that so far! I am sure that I can hit 2.4 stable, its just a very tedious burn in process. So what else is everyone else at currently?