Help with BIOS version

Guest Newbie_merged

Guest Newbie

Ive read here that BIOS version should be at the bottom left hand of the screen when you firts boot, the problem is that the screen flashes by so fast I cant read anything am I looking in the wrong place?

I got my nF4 SLI-DR board a two days ago and have been plagued by the BSOD all through the OS installation process and attempts at installing and running games, Im hoping a new BIOS will fix this for me :)

This motherboard is enough to make a grown man cry.

Guest Newbie

Thanks!

It says 03/10/2005 so I guess Im running the latest official version.

I hope the bring out a new version soon, I want to play some BF2!

Guest Joalaielna

Why do you need the new version to play bf2? IF you do, then there is a beta bios 510-2 that is supposed to be really good. I've used it and it fixed me right up.

Guest Newbie

While BF2 installed ok it constantly hangs when loading up a map, I thought it might be related to my BSOD problems.

I tried to install GTA San Andreas but got a BSOD during installation and now I have a corrupt install that I cant get rid of, going to have to work on that.

I did get old Tribes to install but I got a BSOD when I tried to switch from software to my 6800GT.

On top of all this it sometimes takes 5 tries to get Windows XP to start without a BSOD and automatic restart.

I think I'll give the 510-2 BIOS a shot.

Thanks!

Guest Newbie

I flashed to 510-2 and BF2 runs great now :D

Hopefully this will fix the other problems I was having.

Thanks for all the help!