Sign in to follow this  
Matt13

NF4 Ultra-D - memory divider disaster, help!

Ok, I can't get this motherboard to work correctly with my OCZ Value VX PC3200!!!

I've gotten into Windows with this 3000+ Venice @ 2.7GHZ, but I can't get the RAM to run with a divider.

ANY DIVIDER.

running it at the lowest divider (100mhz) produces BSOD or the system hangs right when I am about to enter windows. It does this no matter what on any divider running the RAM at ANY speed.

But if I run the 1:1 divider i am fine.... WTF???

I am posting from 2.07 GHZ (230x9) with the RAM at 1:1.

Can somebody PLEASE help me figure out how to run the dividers without the BSOD???

A64 3000+ Venice

DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D

1GB OCZ Value VX PC3200

Fortron Blue Storm 500w

Ok, seriously.

I'm running 2.16GHZ (240x9) @ 1.45v just fine with 1:1 memory divider. memory is operating at 240mhz (DDR480) so I know it's not a memory issue.

I tried to boot at 240x9 with the 9/10 divider just for craps and giggles which would have given me 220mhz memory and I got a BSOD and restart...

put the memory to 1:1 and it booted fine 240x9 w/ 240mhz memory.

What gives?? I am really frustrated cause I know this CPU will do 2.7GHZ, I just need to get the dividers to work!!

Any suggestions??

You might could try a different bios.. I am working on (coincidentally) the same basic system right now so I don't have many answers yet sorry :(

Ok, seriously.

I'm running 2.16GHZ (240x9) @ 1.45v just fine with 1:1 memory divider. memory is operating at 240mhz (DDR480) so I know it's not a memory issue.

I tried to boot at 240x9 with the 9/10 divider just for craps and giggles which would have given me 220mhz memory and I got a BSOD and restart...

put the memory to 1:1 and it booted fine 240x9 w/ 240mhz memory.

What gives?? I am really frustrated cause I know this CPU will do 2.7GHZ, I just need to get the dividers to work!!

Any suggestions??

Yeah man try the 510 series of BIOSes and see if the probs go away....I was having all sorts of problems with dividers until the 414 series and then the 510 series worked reallly well. I have venice too....

You can download them here

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/114

Yeah man try the 510 series of BIOSes and see if the probs go away....I was having all sorts of problems with dividers until the 414 series and then the 510 series worked reallly well. I have venice too....

You can download them here

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/114

Which one exactly should I try??? I flashed to the 3/10/05 off of DFI's website, but I am pretty skeptical about flashing my RAM.

Which of those should I try?

depends....write u a sig brother!

510-2 and 510-3 seem to be good for both tccd and bh5/other mem types regardless of what people state it is best for.

for you, i recommend 510-3 using pershoot's bootable cd (has all bios's).

Which one exactly should I try??? I flashed to the 3/10/05 off of DFI's website, but I am pretty skeptical about flashing my RAM.

Which of those should I try?

You are running VX which is Winbond UTT memory right? I would try the 510-2 first.

Before you flash your BIOS, load optimal defaults and then run memtest (built into BIOS)...make sure it passes at least 3 times (takes about an hour, but trust me you dont wanna flash with instability). If it does not pass adjust timings and voltages accordingly so it does pass, then flash BIOS. Once you are done flashing, load optimized defaults again, power down, clear CMOS for at least 10 min, reboot, load optimized defaults, then go into BIOS and start tweaking.

Should I use winflash??? How should I flash it?? Sorry, not to familiar with flashinjg the BIOS. I did fine with the 3/10/05 from DFI's website cause the file was self extracting onto a disk...

Should I use winflash??? How should I flash it?? Sorry, not to familiar with flashinjg the BIOS. I did fine with the 3/10/05 from DFI's website cause the file was self extracting onto a disk...

Only use winflash if you know u r memtest and windows stable....and i mean 100% stable, like passed 12 hours of prime95 stable.

Otherwise create a bootable floppy (format and create startup disk), then copy the .bin file onto the floppy, select boot from floppy in BIOS, when a: prompt comes up type awdflash.exe....once it asks which file to program, type in the file xxxxx.bin (you have to remember/write down the name). You then have option to backup, then program....once finished, press F1 remove floppy, you are flashed.

Remember to load optimized and clear cmos for 10 minutes minimum after flash!!!

Im in the same boat. I running the 510fix-3 bios. I can run stable at 3200mhz @ 1:1 but when I try to just lower the divider I get bsod. If the mem wasnt topping out on me I would probly be able to get higher. This little 3200 venice has alot in it